Browning x-bolt or tikka t3

Archie-fox

Afternoon all

I'm about to fill a 243 slot on my ticket and looking at either a x-bolt or tikka T3

I have a uk Gunworks tikka T3 in 223 and it's awesome but as this will be my occasional deer rifle and odd fox I don't want to go down the route of customising it like I did with my T3 so just looking at the standard rifle..

Any views from the pigeon watch crew??

I like the idea of the fluted barrel and stainless on the X-bolt but the T3 in my opinion needs tweaking to get the best out of them..as in a new shroud and such..

Rich.

I've got the X bolt and it does the job. The trigger is an issue though, even with adjustment on it's lowest setting it still requires some fettling by a gunsmith I reckon to get the best from it. Tidy rifle though, accurate and does the job. I do like the safety and bolt removal button thingy, the magazine also is nice and compact. It doesn't feel particularly 'cheap' to me though, in some respects I prefer the stock over the Sauer synthetic my mate has, it's a hard plastic finish and doesn't feel as secure in the wet when firing.