Be Wiser insurance

JimLondon

So I'm searching online for some 4x4 insurance where I stumble across "be wiser" insurance.

I enter all my details as you do and got a quote for £2,187 for a £800 izuzu trooper (I don't own one I'm just looking) anyway I binned it and moved on,anyway about an hour later I get a phone call from them telling me they can offer a "much" better deal over the phone so I thought ok and after 5 mins of him running through my details again he was pleased to announce I can have it for £5,870...... Are you 'king mental I respond. So I jogged him on.

The saga continues, today they ring me again to apologise for such a ridicules quote and they have found me a great deal that is much less than I was quoted before, ok says I, he then starts to run through my details again, I stop him mid flow to remind him he's had my details twice now so what's the quote???

The following conversation had me in stitches

Me "what's the number"

Him "I just need to run through the specifics"

Me "have you got a figure"

Him "yes"

Me "what is it"

Him" I can't tell you due to the data protection act"

Me " do one sunshine"

End call .

Oh the joys of searching for car insurance and living in London.

Sadly, due to the new industry regulator being a much bigger dog with much sharper teeth combined with the information commissioner wanting a much tighter lid on personal information going where it shouldn't, companies in the financial sector have to do everything by the book and ithe process is recorded in the vast majority of cases..

You stopped him going through security (confirming your details) so of course he won't give you any information. A data protection breach could close a company down... yes, it is now looked upon as that serious. If you had let him finish doing what he needed to do to clear security you would have got your quote..

PITA I know but thats the world we now live in

My insurance expired on the 21st, put the car on the drive and left it while getting quotations. Existing insurer = £340, first new quote = £287 (after haggling) second new quote = £360 ? changed a couple of things, increased excess to £250 and removed the legal cover, amended quote = £267 a £73 reduction on the quote from existing insurer so went with that.

Renault Megane 1.6 petrol.

No doubt next year I will go through the same kerfuffle next year.

So I'm searching online for some 4x4 insurance where I stumble across "be wiser" insurance.

I enter all my details as you do and got a quote for £2,187 for a £800 izuzu trooper (I don't own one I'm just looking) anyway I binned it and moved on,anyway about an hour later I get a phone call from them telling me they can offer a "much" better deal over the phone so I thought ok and after 5 mins of him running through my details again he was pleased to announce I can have it for £5,870...... Are you 'king mental I respond. So I jogged him on.

The saga continues, today they ring me again to apologise for such a ridicules quote and they have found me a great deal that is much less than I was quoted before, ok says I, he then starts to run through my details again, I stop him mid flow to remind him he's had my details twice now so what's the quote???

The following conversation had me in stitches

Me "what's the number"

Him "I just need to run through the specifics"

Me "have you got a figure"

Him "yes"

Me "what is it"

Him" I can't tell you due to the data protection act"

Me " do one sunshine"

End call .

Oh the joys of searching for car insurance and living in London.

Had the same with Aviva this year!

Renewal went up from £300 ish last year to over £400. I did an online search on aviva and it was higher again. I rang them to let them know I wasn't happy!

Oh! We can do a better quote over the phone Mr *****

Gave all my details. No claims, tickets, nothing. Driving for over 20 years. No convictions nothing. Then the guy made a rather strange sound over the phone! Kinda like a man being caught cheating by his wife kinda exclamation!

It seems it actually gone UP, He exclaimed! How much I asked? Are you sitting down he said! £790!

Hmm. Think I will leave it thanks.

Got online again and dug about. Fou.d a quote with Asda Money for £217.

Bit of a difference eh?

What folks do not understand is that we should always authenticate the person calling us, how do we know that the person is from the organisation they say they are?

Them: hello I'm calling from company A and I need to verify that I am talking to the right person so want to run through a few security checks.

Me: Excellent, but 1st I need to authenticate you are from said company and I have a few security checks to run you through, then proceed to ask them to give details that the company should have on file

Them: Sir, I can't give you that until you have passed the security questions.

Me: I am not prepared to go through your security checks until you have passed mine.

Call ends. Better safe that sorry!

What folks do not understand is that we should always authenticate the person calling us, how do we know that the person is from the organisation they say they are?

Them: hello I'm calling from company A and I need to verify that I am talking to the right person so want to run through a few security checks.

Me: Excellent, but 1st I need to authenticate you are from said company and I have a few security checks to run you through, then proceed to ask them to give details that the company should have on file

Them: Sir, I can't give you that until you have passed the security questions.

Me: I am not prepared to go through your security checks until you have passed mine.

These security checks are bogus. What do they ask for? Your name, postcode, and date of birth. Stuff you can find on-line without much trouble. For those of you who include personal details like your date of birth in your PW profile - think again!