Something for nothing ?

Bootlegger

Good morning,

I've read with interest the posts left by other members asking if anyone in their locale has land to shoot on which others are willing to share, the responses on the whole are predictable and understandable.

I used to do quite a lot of pigeon shooting in Herts, but having since moved my family to Dorset I haven't shot (except a few clays) for about 5 years.

I have recently tried to get back into shooting but finding land in my area is proving nearly impossible, I have called at numerous farms in the East Dorset area but there is so little arable farming here (mostly livestocK) that those farmers who were understanding had no need for my so called services.

Unfortunately I still have to work in London and therefore my palns of moving out to Wiltshire to try and obtain land have had to be shelved for the time being.

Therefore I would ask other members if they have any land in the Dorset, Hampshire, Wiltshire (even Devon) area which they would be willing to occaissionally share (perhaps only one day a month) or can introoduce me to some contact who would be able to assist.

Now I know that this sort of request would quite rightly have scorn poured over it but Iam quite happy for me to put something into the deal.

I own a 22' Seaworker fishing boat in Poole Harbour. She is fully kitted out with electronics, galley, cabin etc and will fish 4 in comfort.

She has just had a £3000 refit.

We have over 300 marks stored in our GPS system including wrecks sited from the IOW all the way to Weymouth. We travel to the Channel Islands and fish Alderney, we are very serious fishermen.

The deal is I am quite happy to take people out and share my boat on a like for like basis for no cost.

ie. if someone can provide (or assist me) with getting land to shoot on once a month, I'll take them out with us once a month etc.

I hope this will generate some asistance, and if not, well thanks for reading this post anyway.

Cheers

Tim

Good morning,

I've read with interest the posts left by other members asking if anyone in their locale has land to shoot on which others are willing to share, the responses on the whole are predictable and understandable.

I used to do quite a lot of pigeon shooting in Herts, but having since moved my family to Dorset I haven't shot (except a few clays) for about 5 years.

I have recently tried to get back into shooting but finding land in my area is proving nearly impossible, I have called at numerous farms in the East Dorset area but there is so little arable farming here (mostly livestocK) that those farmers who were understanding had no need for my so called services.

Unfortunately I still have to work in London and therefore my palns of moving out to Wiltshire to try and obtain land have had to be shelved for the time being.

Therefore I would ask other members if they have any land in the Dorset, Hampshire, Wiltshire (even Devon) area which they would be willing to occaissionally share (perhaps only one day a month) or can introoduce me to some contact who would be able to assist.

Now I know that this sort of request would quite rightly have scorn poured over it but Iam quite happy for me to put something into the deal.

I own a 22' Seaworker fishing boat in Poole Harbour. She is fully kitted out with electronics, galley, cabin etc and will fish 4 in comfort.

She has just had a £3000 refit.

We have over 300 marks stored in our GPS system including wrecks sited from the IOW all the way to Weymouth. We travel to the Channel Islands and fish Alderney, we are very serious fishermen.

The deal is I am quite happy to take people out and share my boat on a like for like basis for no cost.

ie. if someone can provide (or assist me) with getting land to shoot on once a month, I'll take them out with us once a month etc.

I hope this will generate some asistance, and if not, well thanks for reading this post anyway.

Cheers

Tim

Ahh

A breath of fresh air! A like for like exchange!

I wish you good luck in your search Tim :yes::)

LG

Hi All, Tim with a top class atitude like that, you will find a shoot soon. I live in Swansea and I am a keen game fisherman, I don't fish the salt but if you walked into my gun club, placed an advert on the board like the one above, I would bite your hand off. Good Luck Mate. ATB. Reeco

Thanks for everyones posts, it's appreciated. Unfortunately I have still have not had any luck, but am making enquiries at a local Wessex Shoot which offers day tickets for £25 for a rough shoot (rabbits and pigeons), but I still live in hope.

In the meantime if any of you are in the area PM me and if I'm at home and we're going out you're welcome to join us anyway.

Cheers

Tim