Big bag pics please...

matty*

Motty, is that George Digweed with you in the bottom right picture? I expect if it is you out shot him on the day.

He is a large bloke, but he's not in quite the same (weight) league as Mr. Digweed. My mate Sam shot exceptionally well that day, as I remember.

Been a while now since I shot 100+

This was my last one , I think it was 125 shot on harvest pea stubble.

pigeontons001.jpg

I invited Fenny for the afternoon and he also managed 100+ from the other end of the field.pigeontons002.jpg

Edited by fenboy

Motty I get a nervous twitch every time I see that black truck , please refrain from posting pics of it :lol:

I thought you'd enjoy that one! :)

Thanks lads, motty how many in your top picture?

Unless they are all laid out (like in PC's pics) it often looks a bit deceiving as to how many birds are there.

The picture with the white Suzuki was a bag of 194 on sugar beet tops. The black truck (Fenboy's best friend's truck) was on a rape stubble and 216 were killed. Got soaked with rain whilst clearing up. The picture with me and my mate Sam was 340 on barley stubble.

Clearly when you shot that 340 there were no trees for the birds to sit and watch you from :whistling:

I have very few pictures of big bags as to be honest until I started posting on here I seldom bothered taking pics.

My best bag was 220 shot on rape stubble , that was a lot of pigeons to have in the back of a fiat strada at the time.

Perhaps my most memorable bag was actual shot on one of the fields in Mottys photos a good few years back , IIRC we set up on the field which was pea stubble at the time at around midday , I shot one bird in the next two hours , I then proceded to shoot 93 in the next 90 minutes , I have never had birds commit so well in all the years since.

Something a bit different this whale was washed up dead on a beach down south about 2 years ago ( my son Who's a tree surgeon lives in London ) he was asked by a mate to help him cut it up for disposal from the local council.

9.jpg

7.jpg

6.jpg

4.jpg

2-1.jpg

1-1.jpg

Talk about chainsaw massacre this is how his chain saw ended up

10.jpg

My son is the tall one with safety hat on

00.jpg