Closed permit

If its closed it will say, for vermin control and for zeroing on ranges or land deemed suitable by the chief officer of police for the area where the land is situated, and over which the holder has lawful authority to shoot :)

So I take it you would have to get written permission by the owner on any passed ground which someone else shoots ? ? But I'd double check with your feo

Ben covered here before. You will need permission to shoot any land. Hat land will have to have been checked by the police and approved for whatever calibre you are going to use. When you get permission contact your feo and they will tell you if it has been passed. If it has not they will organise for it to be checked. You won't be able to shoot on the land until it has been checked. The las bit of land I had checked was cleared within 5 mins. He got a map out and knew neighbouring farms so said not worth heading out the 35 miles to look.

What I think your asking is could you go out with someone else on unchecked land say if they have an open term? If so no the land must be deemed ok by the cops not another cert holder. The fact that the land has been checked to say .223 makes no odds if a guy with an open 50 bmg comes along with consent from the landowner he can use it if HE thinks it safe, to you it means you can shoot with anything under .233 if you have the legal consent to shoot it

In practice it just makes it harder for you to gain new permission as if its not been checked you need to get it done by the cops first

Most farmland in England is already passed for rimfire. It is a bit of extra hassle having to confirm this with the police but don't take anyone's word for it, YOU do the checking. Some police forces, or individuals within police forces, are more helpful than others. It may just be a quick phone call or it may involve sending them a copy of your signed permission as proof. There is always the odd 'jobsworth' unfortunately.