garden shooters.

Don't forget that starlings are also a protected species.

Al4x and Livefast's suggestion would be a nice way to go about it if you think the family would be amenable.

I dont know how to play this one. Got some new nieghbours moved in at bottom of my garden, chap, wife and two teenage boys, two airifles between them. They started off plinking with what sounded a good backstop, no problem with that, today my wife has seen them taking potshots at starlings on the rooves. I live on an estate, so any misses are going somewhere. what would you boys do.

Edited by Penelope

Of course.... you know that ALL wild birds are protected don't you. Yes, that even includes wood pigeons and crows... but....

"Under section 1 of the Wildlife and Countryside Act it is an offence for any person to kill, injure or take any wild bird; to take,

damage or destroy the nest of any wild bird while the nest is in use or being built; or to take or
destroy an egg of any wild bird."
Certain birds may be shot as they are a pest. That permission is granted by the issue of a licence - it is a 'general licence' for which you do not need to register.
"This licence permits landowners, occupiers and other authorised persons to carry out a range of
otherwise prohibited activities against the species of wild birds listed on the licence."
It does not include starlings!