auto discovery

peejay

anyone had one? ive a manual but been out in a auto this evening- its a 300tdi- and well impressed.. whats the downside-if any- on performance? and things to look out for compered witht he manual ones? i know mpg might not be as good as manual...

Had my 53 plate Auto for two years now. Been very good so far without anything major go wrong.

Very comfortable to drive and get around 30MPG being it is remapped.

Edited by Cosd

I had a 2001 TD5 ES7 auto. It had an intermittent gearbox warning light but was great to drive whether in London traffic or in the field. I had to replace the air suspension bags several times and the cylinder head and radiator after the dowel pegs failed. If it went for a service and cost me less than £1000 I felt that I had done well. So.... it was great when it all worked.

Nick

i had a auto 300tdi for 7 years , brill car , good on diesel about 30mpg , never ever had any probs gearbox wise .

really good for towing horse box and work trailer , although a bit slower off the mark than a manual , could not fault it