What Miroku would you recommend? MK38 or MK70 Sporter

joecash

Evening all,

I am based in Nottingham and currently on the look out for a used 32" grade 3 or 5 righthanded miroku sporter.

is the 38 or the 70 preferred?

grateful for any advice on any good or bad production years and prices that should be paid.

many thanks for anyone who has the time to comment.

If not thanks for reading my post.

Whichever fits best.

I hope I'm not wrong but it also depends on how you will use it. I have been told The mk38 is intended as an out and out clay gun and the mk60 as a game gun.

The mk70 is a kind of dual purpose gun that covers both well. Having said that, I don't think that an mk38 would be out of place in a pigeon hide, on the foreshore or on a driven day - they all now come with 3" hp steel proof.

They are both good guns and it really comes down to fit and aesthetics.

Edited by Big Al

MK38 trap at least are 2 3/4? Or has that changed on the latest guns?

I have seen a nearly new sporter one with hp steel proof so I assumed that all the modern ones did.

I could also be very wrong ...... I don't know about the trap versions though.

Edited by Big Al

Depends on age regarding chambers etc. The mk70 up until a few years ago was invector bored, the mk38 is invector plus. The difference in performance is probably marginal however the wider bores of the invector plus are said to give better balance.

The mk70s I've had were muzzle heavy, there was a noticeable fluting where the multi chokes sat. That being said the latest mk70's in sporter flavour are also invector plus choked so there really is little difference between them.

In short I'd get the mk38 as I suspect for no reason other than the model name it would hold slightly better value. Better choice of second hand models.

Don't see too many 32" mk70's. If any actually?

Edited by wj939