laurona eibar O/u single trigger ???????

hi guys, got my visit for sgc tomorrow , hope all is ok and if so will be looking for a gun, my friend has a laurona eibar O/u single trigger edjector and said I could have it for £100 but I think it may need new firing pins as he sais it doesn't always fire both barrels ? what would this cost to have done ? is it a good gun for the money ? will be mainly pigeon shooting, any help/advise welcome .cheers.

Depends why it isn't firing both barrels. It might just be dirt building up in the tubes which encase the firing pins. Easy to sort. If not - a trip to a gunsmith.

These are solid, well made guns, which are built to last. If there is no play in the action - £100 is a steal.

On most its stock off good clean, blow out and **** very light oil and put back together! £50 at most smiths more at some and free at others!

If the stock has never been off there is probably a load of old oil in there hinging it all up add some soot and you have a sticky mess! Alot of guns are stored butt down and over oiled the excess runs into action and dries out goes grungy and softens the wood staining it darker at its weakest point,, my miroku used to sweat oil when it got warm did as above and no bother.......

A strip down, blast on the air-line, pair of new sears springs and re-oil cost me £60 with my local gunsmith... That kind of money on top of the £100 you could get it at would still be a nice gun for the money. Assuming there's nothing more seriously wrong with it.

Afraid its another gun on the obsolete list There no spares generally available and some of the older guns had really strange firing pins , There are couple of other problems that relate to the combined spring guide cocking rods and to the hold open mechanism so I wont take them in any more they can cause more trouble than is worth the cost of the work . If its cheap then worth a punt but I would suggest its fixed before money changes hand . Better to lose out on a cheap gun than loose a mate .