PREFAB GARAGE ADVICE PLEASE

kennym

Im moving house soon and would like a nice sized 28 foot by 20 foot garage, I had a builder look at the house today (who's a mate) & he said it would cost me 2K in paperwork and foundations just to get to ground level & about 8-10K all in to build a garage he would do it but asked if i'd thought about ready built.

i've seen some pre fabs either concrete or sheet metal where you can have a completed garage done in a day does anyone have any experience or recommendations?

thanks Kennym.

Had a prefab myself a few years ago and personally wouldn't recommend them, there draughty cold and get plenty of leaks then becomes damp, also putting up shelving up is a no no cos the walls are too thin. I had a 18ftx10ft brick built with a slated apex at a cost of 5k. I know its a wee bit more expensive having a brick one built but look at it in the long term it will increase the value of your house the prefab one wont!

Edited by johnnythefox70

I had a 20 x 10ft garage about 4 months ago cost me about £2700 delivered and installed / build. The difference between them building it and doing it myself was about £300, not worth the hassle.

Can't remember the company I will look it up, but the one listed above rings a bell.

Edit: I done the concrete base so it was already for them to build and took them about 3 hours.

Edited by rimfire4969

Had a prefab myself a few years ago and personally wouldn't recommend them, there draughty cold and get plenty of leaks then becomes damp, also putting up shelving up is a no no cos the walls are too thin. I had a 18ftx10ft brick built with a slated apex at a cost of 5k. I know its a wee bit more expensive having a brick one built but look at it in the long term it will increase the value of your house the prefab one wont!

times change , I used to put power into the prefabs secret is to stick 9 mm ply on the walls use the fixing screws and no nails to secure

can even insulate behind , fixing shelves is easy after this