Another Noob...

Tony9r

Hi Guy's & Gal's,

Been browsing the forum for a few day's now, which has taken up most of my evening's :lol::P , and found ton's of useful information, as well has having a good laugh :lol:

Thought it was about time I put my first post up, so here goes :)

I've had my shotgun cert for just over 10 month's now, and was lucky enough in the early stages to be given shooting right's on a fairly local 200 acre farm for vermin control - rabbits, pigeons, crows etc.

Absolutely love the sport, ever since my Dad took me out with him when I was a mere lad :)

Just the other day at work, I was approached by a guy wanting some sheet steel cutting to size (I have my own small welding/fabricating business), and it turned out he was the local golf course manager :lol:

I asked if there was anyone that controlled the rabbits etc over there in the evenings, he said there was - but only every now & then. I explained I had a shotgun, and was looking for land that was open for a rifle... he basically said "help yourself!" :sick:. He even said I could have the use of the course's Gator - a small 2 seater deisel buggy with the balloon tyres, light socket (for a lamp) and rear space for collecting :)

The next day, I went to the Police HQ and got the FAC application form, plus referee's & photo's. plus a written letter from the course manager giving me the permission... all got taken to the firearms dept in person last Thursday - signed, sealed & delivered :D

If hopefully everthing goes OK, I'm looking at getting the CZ 452 .22LR for popping the bunnies :P

Anyway, that's me... looking forward to getting to know all you fellow enthusiasts :):good::good:

Tony.

:drool: hi mate you wait now you have got a golf course your get asked to do more,i allso do a golf course which is a 36 hole so is very big.i can use golf buggie any time and i can allso use my quad,just be carefull when useing 12g its easy to blast greens and tees up and at 50k a throw you dont want to be doing that.

all the breast :drool:

:drool: hi mate you wait now you have got a golf course your get asked to do more,i allso do a golf course which is a 36 hole so is very big.i can use golf buggie any time and i can allso use my quad,just be carefull when useing 12g its easy to blast greens and tees up and at 50k a throw you dont want to be doing that.

all the breast :drool:

Thanks mate... I'll be careful with the greens, there are also several wooded parts I can venture through with my shottie :yes:

As soon as I get my FAC, I'll mainly be using a .22 :drool:

;) hi mate you wait now you have got a golf course your get asked to do more,i allso do a golf course which is a 36 hole so is very big.i can use golf buggie any time and i can allso use my quad,just be carefull when useing 12g its easy to blast greens and tees up and at 50k a throw you dont want to be doing that.

all the breast :D

Is that Five lakes Wol?

;) hi mate you wait now you have got a golf course your get asked to do more,i allso do a golf course which is a 36 hole so is very big.i can use golf buggie any time and i can allso use my quad,just be carefull when useing 12g its easy to blast greens and tees up and at 50k a throw you dont want to be doing that.

all the breast :D

Is that Five lakes Wol?

hi mate ,no its not but i have tried ,my golf course is gosfield lakes which is near halstead.i hardly go there in the winter but summer is great fun as my main shoot is in layer marney.

where do you go?

Well done .

The CZ .22 is a great rifle. get some good glass to go with it . Rememder how far that little bit of lead can go , even after it has bounced of somthing.

I have a .17 rime fire and .22 CZ bolt action and a .22 semi auto and i often find that the .22 bolt is the best tool for the job, good luck