webley Valuemax .22

hoggysreels

Recently got hold of a Webley valuemax .22 ... good idea or not, lve yet to.find out. Its synthetic black or as l know it, in a more traditional manner .. "plastic" .. it came with a Tasco 3-9 x 40 scope "if anyone has the caps that fit over tje scopes, PM me please, if you want to flog me them lol ... anyhow, l got it with a tin of gamo.pro hunter pellets 15.4grm l think? .. lm.likely to got through these in no time at all, seeing as this is my last night for 5 days ... has anyone a good recommendation, pellet wise for the Webley value max .22

Also was thinking of getting a barrel cover, purely to help reduce the fadeing of the barrel due to repetitive breaking for reloading ... "What l can find out on the internet, its a Hatsan with a Webley stamp. That doesn't bother me one jot! ... l was warned off from getting an SMK air rifle, by someone in the know... anyhow, any info much appreciated .. right, must get some work.done ... hope you're all sleeping well lol ... cheers

p.s. ..... got it an.an.okay price, its for vermin control around the farm .. Rats/Magpies/Ferals/odd Crow if l can get near them.

Edited by hoggysreels

A member on PW has offered to chrono the gun, and run a few pellet through it "EVO" ...

lm not kidding myself, l know its only a cheapo entry level air rifle. I just want a pop at the rats. If its a code of shooting l take to l will gradually upgrade. My problem is, even with a moderator on my .410, l wouldn't be happy using it around any of the farms. To much live stock. I see all those Daystates/AA and drool. They cost more than the best shotgun lve got lol.

That said l think a learning curve is best started from the bottom. And thats were l am. And looking forward to it. I read, that Airgun Shooter Magazine "june 2014" issue had a service/strip down article on the webley valuemax ... trying to get hold of a copy .. lve a feeling it might be down on power a bit "doesnt every air gunner say that?" .. so thought, if l need to replace spring or seal etc, the mag would help. Will try and find the publisher and see if its possible to buy back issues .. apparently they are similar or same as Hatsan Striker, not certain, but have read its fequently on the internet... cheers

What do I know but with a name like that, Valuemax, avoid, I really do wonder at marketing departments sometimes!

How about that new car, the Ford Cheapo?

.................. just shouts out, life didn't work out as well as I hoped! :lol::good:

What do I know but with a name like that, Valuemax, avoid, I really do wonder at marketing departments sometimes!

.................. just shouts out, life didn't work out as well as I hoped! :lol::good:

What's wrong with the ford cheapo? Mine never fails to leave me disappointed.

They've tried to rebrand it as the VMX now!

Evo put it through his chrono today, using a variety of different .22 pellets. The reading were 7.4lb > 7.8lb.

I'd of liked it to have been around the 10lb mark, but it ain't lol.

I had a go of Evo's Daystates .177/.22 ... they are something else, off the scale ability wise, "in the right hands!" ...

I learnt more today about airguns, night shooting and airgun things in general, whilst sat in Evo's garden chatting away with him (and his handsome Spaniel, cracking dog). The fact the Webley VM was down on power was insignificant as we gassed away chatting. Probably look into sorting a few bits out, and getting it up on power a bit. Its only for farmyard rats "does Chambers do bayonets kits?"

Anyhow a massive thanks to you Bob. Its a pleasure being in your companys mate, and a big thanks for sorting me out with sights plus mounts .. plus pellets .. plus tea .. "thanks Bob"

He's planted a seed into my head now ... and it makes sense! ... a cabinet review is in order. I think my OU 12 bores days are numbered "l prefer sbs & single barrel anyhow" ... and an Air Arms 410 is very tempting prospect Bob. Hope your night went well mate .. atb hoggy