Anyone else had bad experience with LEE Precision Products & custo

My offer of a free bolt is right there in black and white for anyone to see on the first page, post #7

If you need a bolt PM me with which length you need and I'll probably have a spare you can have.

As for knowing about the bolt, it's in your first post "Also a steel base block I purchased one of the 3 bolts that hold the press to the plate snapped like butter"

I have no idea how long your particular bolt is which is why I asked, as for the width, as far as I know Lee only use 1/4" threaded bolts for press mounting (excluding the LoadAllII which I have).

All I did was offer you a spare, as they come in a couple of different lengths I asked what size is was, I have a box of various Lee spare bits accumulated over the years and I'm certain there are a few spare bolts, nuts and washers for mounting the presses in there.

Edited by phaedra1106

phaedra1106 - I posted that after I had purchased the LEE 223 and after I had issues with it (which was the reason for the post in the first place) so what point are you trying to make? The main problem I had was with the press construction – the defective frame and the issues with replacement, the attitude from the reseller and the manufacturer, not the use of the item...

Sorry but can you also enlighten me as to “My offer of a free bolt still stands, just let me know what length it is you need.” – a little confused as to where you get so much detail from and where this offer was originally made? I don’t see how you could know the length/type of the bolt unless you are affiliated with CDSG or LEE, because none of those details were disclosed on any of my posts. Can you kindly advise who you are and why you would be so interested in trying to correct this issue?

Paranoia comes to mind :lol:

Also to be fair what you also posted was,

"Got it for £100 but with different calibre dies and shellplate. Bought a new 4s shellplate for 223 (£15) and set of ultimate dies for (£42). Had the priming system (I believe small pistol should fit small rifle), case feeder for rifle. Understand case collator only works for pistol cartridges and not rifle....

but agreed, there is a lot going on there, which is nice i guess for mass reloading & plinking rounds (not accuracy) when you have it setup correctly. In the meantime I using the turret press to reload, seems to be doing the trick.... once Im up to speed with this will start with progressive. But I think considering a new LM is around £295, I could not say no to this one for £100....."

No mention in there of having paid £295 for the previous presses or of any problems using them, only the one you got for £100 which according to this thread is the last one you got.

Ok - thanks for our generosity - much appreciated. The first 2 presses (2004 model) came from sportsmans guncentre, however they were very good and helpful in resolving the issue. Polite and refunded my money fast and paid for return shipping. The 3rd press (2014 model) with the defect came from CDSG Ltd - this is the seller who refused to replace the frame for me (he did not even have to bother with all pieces – ie whole press, just the frame) but he accused me of been a liar, breaking the unit (even though it was still working) and threatened with his company lawyers because I wanted to return for a replacement. The humour is he accused me of using too much pressure (which had nothing o do with the problem) and despite the fact LEE advertise in their catalogue concerning the LoadMaster “Automatic indexing with a wedge lock mechanism that will actually hold a ton”

Totally different experience to sportsman guncentre. The forth one (2013) I bought for the £100 from Opticswarehouse, owner JP told me the story he had of a customer who bought a RCBS progressive and could not set it up properly and returned it to Opticswarehouse after 6 months, he was fine with refunding the customer – that is great service in my opinion… I had to fight with CDSG Ltd to get my money back and as for LEE - their approach to resolving issues is a joke, especially when their website states and I quote: Warranty (less than 2 years old): If your tool is in warranty, you can return the faulty part to the factory where it will be repaired or replaced at no charge. Another option for a warranty replacement is to input your contact information on this form and upload a photo of the broken part

So, everything else aside, do you still need a bolt?, as far as I can see I have them in two different lengths, 4cm and 5cm also a couple of spare nuts.

PM me your address with which size you need and I can get one off to you tomorrow.

I wish I did work for them as I would save a fortune!, I just have a load of Lee gear and as I get it while I'm in the US I also tend to pick up spares which I may never need (compulsive hoarder!).

Bench.jpg

Edited by phaedra1106

Exactly what do have I to be positive about when it comes to LEE - considering my experience, deershooter? I clearly listed the issues I had with the manufacturer as well as distributor and wanted to share them to see if anyone else had similar experience, hence the reason for the topic of the thread. "Anyone else had bad experience with LEE Precision Products"

Iffy parts is one thing but not being very helpful on the phone etc annoys me a lot, manners don't cost anything as far as I'm concerned.

So, everything else aside, do you still need a bolt?, as far as I can see I have them in two different lengths, 4cm and 5cm also a couple of spare nuts. PM me your address with which size you need and I can get one off to you tomorrow. I wish I did work for them as I would save a fortune!, I just have a load of Lee gear and as I get it while I'm in the US I also tend to pick up spares which I may never need (compulsive hoarder!). Bench.jpg

Reloading man cave tastic :good:

I have a garage full of gear at the moment when cleared out it will have a bench for my shooting stuff.

Figgy

Most people who reload .223 will do it on a single stage press ,progressive presses are really for pistol caliber rounds it might not matter for plinking ammo but I would not reload for live quarry shooting or target shooting with a progressive .

My first lee press was the smallest C frame press lee made it loaded over 15000 9mm and 5000 .223 before being updated

Deershooter

Found those when we moved house, they have price stickers on from Makro so I must have bought them sometime around 1990 :D

I may need to move again at this rate, I'm looking at bringing back a load of casting stuff (including a 20lb melting pot) to start making my own boolits, God knows where I'm going to find the room to put it all!

Edited by phaedra1106

I've recently bought a Breech Lock Challenger press from the same company, it was the best price I could find,the latest setup that the other suppliers wouldn't sell to me until they had shifted their previous stock,arrived quickly and all seems to work well. When I ordered a couple of extras they even rounded the cost down to the nearest £.

But that's just my experience with them. :)