Ruger M77 MK II

Mossyoak77

I've got one in .223. It's been a pain to reload for. Been trying to work a load out for the past 6 months. Just as I think I've got it it all turns to the brown smelly stuff. Other than that they are well made rifles, proper control feed action, trigger is not the best. I replaced it with a rifle basix

I have just sold .243 mk11 I spent a bit of time on it bedding the stock and fitting a timney trigger, it transformed the gun making it capable of touching hole groups, the guy I sold it to posted his comments on the gun here

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/topic/296446-243/

I have a m77 Hawkeye stainless and synthetic in .22250 i've had it for 2 1/2 years and short quite a bit of ammo through it without any problems. I like the three position safety which lets you unload on safe I did find after having it a little while The trigger was a little on the heavy side but I have now put a timny trigger in and I must say it has made quite a difference all in all I think it is a cracking little rifle regards sf1

I have had a m77 in .223 for 20 years the best rifle I have ever owned shoots one hole groups with 55 grain heads with 24.5 grains of Winchester 748 not a super fast load but one hole groups at 100 yards.

I have swapped trigger springs and the important thing is to load within 6-10 tho off the lands it's fine then.

Deershooter

I've had a blued, wooden stock version in .204 for 2 years, it kept throwing flyers up to two inches out side a decent group that drove me mad trying to sort out, ended up floating the barrel and bedding the action and it transformed it so it now shoots half moa all day long with reloads. Got no gripes with the trigger on mine, breaks nice and clean.