Yesterdays sport

Stealth Stalker

After umming & arghing about the weather& what it was gonna do, we decided on a 8am meet to get up to the shoot that pigeonmagnet works on as the crows & woodys were still hitting the brashed cover crop.

Pin who will now be known as Hagrid (i'll explain later) was running late as usual so that gave me the oppertunity to sort a couple of squirrels that had been chomping away at my bird feeder. :lol:

post-2169-1172993061.jpg

One of theses tree rats was caught on the video camera so hopefully Hagrid can work his magic on the puter thingy, & get it on the Watch ;)

We got to the shoot & the plan was for Pigeonmagnet & myself to concentrate on the woodys & Hagrid to get stuck in to the crows with his new shooting companion "Olly owl" the pair of em look great together :lol::lol:

Hagrid & I dropped PM of where we shot close to 100 birds last week with all the gear while we nipped to the gunshop for some fibre carts.

I dropped Hagrid & Olly off at a likely looking spot & returned to PM to find a well built hide & decoy pattern laid out ;) well done . He was paying attention last week!

It wasn't long before we were hearing Hagrid banging away like a lunatic some quater of a mile away to our left, but alas no birds were showing us any interest at all after an hour of nothing at all our end I went for a little walk to see if I could work out the problem. On my travels I managed a nice high bird that was clearing the treetops & also a good sized bunny that I took up to Hagrid for Olly to stare at with his big yellow eyes. When I got to him, Hagrid wasn't happy he was on his 2nd box of carts & he only had 1 bird to show for it :lol::lol: some of the language was worse than on our 2nd round at Lakenheath :lol::lol: While I was laughing at him there were crows coming in to hassle Olly, so with me stood very still beside the hide I shot 3 crows for him in the space of a few minutes :lol: :lol:

I got back to PM to find that there were still no woodys showing any interest, it was then the gamekeeper called me to say the other side of the estate was blue with em, so it was down to muggings to jump in the Landy & get round there to hopefully move them on. I got to where Pin sorry Hagrid was last week where he had no joy what so ever to finds about 500 blueys munching away. I put a couple of shots up & watched them dissapear to where I just left PM :D I then sat there for 30 mins hearing PM banging away like a lunatic. He called me to let me know that he'd shot 20 birds in about 5 mins & couldn't load quick enough.

So back in the Landy & over to PM where there was birds wheeling in left right & center, good maybe I could get some sport now. I now know how Will Beasley feels :lol: As soon as I was back in the hide it was my turn to start banging away & my next 12 shots counted for some cracking 10 birds :D

Time was marching on & Hagrid had gone quiet all the crows where back over the other side & I weren't moving them on again, so he packed up & watched us with the video camera, although it had gone very quiet our side as well, I was sending the dog to pick a few birds that were belly up in the kill zone when while she was retreiving a lone crow came over the back of the hide I made her sit & took a lovely 40 yard shot & dropped it stone dead 6" s away from her. :lol: Nicely caught on camera, so Hagrid can do a bit more puter wizardry :lol:

Our bag for the day was 42 woodys, 2 crows, 1 bunny & 14 ferals

post-2169-1172996316.jpg

Hagrids tally was 38 crows, 1 woody he could only pick 28, but he assures us there was another 10 unpickable birds :sly:

post-2169-1172996463.jpg

It was another good day with the weather behaving itself :D

Next week lads I think we should try & cover the whole estate :D

Forgot to mention as we were unloading in the yard at the end of the day we watched gobsmacked as a good 2000 crows headed over our heads to roost in the woods.

Cheers Stealth Stalker