JUNK MAIL!

il cacciatore

Ok, this is a rant so I'm not going to disguise it as anything else but Junk Mail! Its so annoying!

We have signed up to the MPS and the Royal Mail one to stop the postman from putting through unaddressed circulars which has cut this type to next to none but we still get these idiots who walk round doors putting through:

• free newspapers
  • chinese takeaway menus
  • cleaning service ads
  • charity mail bags
  • Flyers for tree surgery
  • business cards for roofing work
  • etc etc etc

All of which go straight into the bin which is not only a waste of trees and plastic but a sign to anyone that your house is empty when they dont even bother to put it through the letter box properly! To make matters worse, we have stuck one of these signs onto the letter box flap saying "No free newspapers or junk mail" but these idiots probably cant read because they still put it through and you know what is the thing that really ****** me off???

THEY LEAVE THE GATE OPEN!

THEY LEAVE THE GATE OPEN!

Tell me about it!

They unbolt mine to gain access and then when they leave the gate is left flapping in the wind! :lol:

A few times i leant out the window and shouted (would you mind locking the gate?)

Really what i want to say would get me bound over for breach of the peace :lol:

LG

mhmmm. and do you know what i do if i catch the **** leaving my gate open?

wait until they are nearly at the door and open it, allowing 4 extremely lovable, but slobbery and attention seeking newfoundlands outside .... to greet that annoying sod :lol::lol:;)

screeching just gets them even more excited. these idiots soon learn to leg it up the garden path closing the gate very quickly behind them :lol:

changing the subject slightly but on the topic of spam emails i found this useful wee link 10 minute email. Basically it gives you a temporary email address so when you sign up for a website and they ask for an email address you can use this one to sign up with. My spam count has reduced considerably over the last few months because of it :lol:

Not that many years ago well 6 (but that is around 1/3 of my life) I delivered free newspapers in order to get money and not srounge off my mum for clothes, credit etc. I did not deliver to those with the 'no mail/cold caller.....etc' placquards and closed the gate behind me 90% of the time. In fact the only people's gates I didn't close were the annoying ****** that gave me abuse for providing a free service and attempting to support myself.

So guys, most/some when asked politely will close the gate or not deliver but you have to remember its better they are out working and learning the value of money (as I did) and even in some cases supporting themselves than running round popping tyres, smashing windows, mugging people, etc etc etc.

Not that many years ago well 6 (but that is around 1/3 of my life) I delivered free newspapers in order to get money and not srounge off my mum for clothes, credit etc. I did not deliver to those with the 'no mail/cold caller.....etc' placquards and closed the gate behind me 90% of the time. In fact the only people's gates I didn't close were the annoying ****** that gave me abuse for providing a free service and attempting to support myself.

So guys, most/some when asked politely will close the gate or not deliver but you have to remember its better they are out working and learning the value of money (as I did) and even in some cases supporting themselves than running round popping tyres, smashing windows, mugging people, etc etc etc.

Well put, there are always two sides to every case and full marks for getting off your backside :lol: D2D

No I mean I don't have a problem with the workers, it is their employers fault and ultimately the fault of the law as there should be legislation to protect people who put a sign up on their door that they don't wish to receive it! It would save the lives of many trees every year!

I dont think legislation is the way forward, afterall if we legislate paper's whatever next!? Have you tried writing a letter to the paper asking not for a paper. I remember on my round we had a list of 3 houses that were explict in there desire not for a paper!

Just be polite and you will get a lot further, I remember once when my brother came out to help me (he was around 13 I was 16) and he had not put someone's paper all the way through as they had a snappy dog and a stiff letter box. The bloke then proceeded to come out his house swearing at my younger brother and throw the paper at his head! Looked up saw me, a bit bigger than he was (i was 'lucky enough' to be around 6ft1 at that age) and he stormed off inside shouting abuse. I took my lil bro home, phoned the my boss and was told nothing could be done. After that I always left his paper half way out and gate wide open to bash in the wind.

Thanks D2D, I have generally found the ones delivering paper's no matter how dodgy they look are actually the better portion of youths. Paper rounds are brilliant, and even if I earn £300k a year I would not just hand my child money over fist, they WOULD work and learn like me about money and that jobs have to be stuck at no matter how cold & windy/raining it is!

I dont think legislation is the way forward, afterall if we legislate paper's whatever next!? Have you tried writing a letter to the paper asking not for a paper. I remember on my round we had a list of 3 houses that were explict in there desire not for a paper!

Just be polite and you will get a lot further, I remember once when my brother came out to help me (he was around 13 I was 16) and he had not put someone's paper all the way through as they had a snappy dog and a stiff letter box. The bloke then proceeded to come out his house swearing at my younger brother and throw the paper at his head! Looked up saw me, a bit bigger than he was (i was 'lucky enough' to be around 6ft1 at that age) and he stormed off inside shouting abuse. I took my lil bro home, phoned the my boss and was told nothing could be done. After that I always left his paper half way out and gate wide open to bash in the wind.

Thanks D2D, I have generally found the ones delivering paper's no matter how dodgy they look are actually the better portion of youths. Paper rounds are brilliant, and even if I earn £300k a year I would not just hand my child money over fist, they WOULD work and learn like me about money and that jobs have to be stuck at no matter how cold & windy/raining it is!

i agree, because if some kids had half a decent manner there wouldn't be as much or as many unruly kids today. manners and respect cost nothing.

<_< Good one.

Junk mail has more against it than going for it:

Its a waste of trees (which are what we probably deem "sustainable" but can't be considered without an impact on the environment in any case)

It shows criminals when your orf on holidays

It just annoys you - not to overlook the simplest.

or it might result in advertising revenue or sales to the perpetrators...