shooting in the rain

Daz Harrison

Nope because im a gun tart and my babies dont like getting wet :lol: .

Although in all seriousness the bunnies tend to stay well out of it as they have sense. I find you see them shortly after it stops when the grass is nice and moist

One other thing I have startd doing if I am going out and the weather looks iffy is take a fishing umbrella so I can hunker down under that out of the worst of it.

I prefer to shoot when its dry but as happened last night we had showers, stayed out after the bunnies, dried the rifle off with a clean towel before putting it back in the bag, when I got home I took the rifle out the bag and wiped over again,

I then put some silicone spray onto a cloth and gave all the metal parts a wipe over,its been left in my gun room over night to air and I,m now about to go over all the metal parts with some gun oil ,then and only then can it go back in the cabinet

cheers Evo

Wildlife tends to be much like us in inclement weather, they will generally only go out if they have to. They are not mad keen on getting cold/wet/dirty if they can avoid it.

There will of course always exceptions, and I have shot everything going in the rain, one fox in particular was during a torrential storm, but I tend to avoid these conditions if possible as better returns are usually had in better weather......... and then again, there are days when it is toooooooooooooo hot, that isn't good either!

:good: