Firearms UK Unity Campaign...

Steppenwolf

That's a epetition for ''introduce mandatory noise complaint waiver for anyone who buys or rents a property close to motorsport venue'' and I just signed it with out reading what I was signing :lol: maybe you should check the links your putting up :lol:

It is, but Motorsport noise issues are often parallel to shooting noise issues, Motorsport has a chance, all we need is it to be "sports venues"

The Government continues to monitor all aspects of the current controls on firearms. There are, however, no plans to re-categorise any weapons within the Firearms Acts or to repeal any of the existing bans.

well to be honest , judging by their response it totally looks a fruitless venture signing the petition, 100,000 needs to be reached before any consideration of a repeal, and to top things off there is already a thing in place where the Olympic team members are practising in this country ,

whilst they are doing that it seems to me like they are playing into their hands as its working as it is,

shame really as I would love to try competitive target pistol shooting,, but not using melons 5 feet away :lol: :lol::lol:

atb Evo

The Government continues to monitor all aspects of the current controls on firearms. There are, however, no plans to re-categorise any weapons within the Firearms Acts or to repeal any of the existing bans.

well to be honest , judging by their response it totally looks a fruitless venture signing the petition, 100,000 needs to be reached before any consideration of a repeal, and to top things off there is already a thing in place where the Olympic team members are practising in this country ,

whilst they are doing that it seems to me like they are playing into their hands as its working as it is,

shame really as I would love to try competitive target pistol shooting,, but not using melons 5 feet away :lol: :lol::lol:

atb Evo

Trolltastic ! :good:

The problem is this is only for the top tier of pistol shooting. Hence people with enough moeny who afforded to go to Guernsey or to Isle of Man or to France and practiced there got good results and got selected for national squad. Now, THESE people which are a tiny amount of people can in limited amounts practice in the UK. How about if I want to start pistol shooting from a complete novice point of view or experience. I am basically screwed unless I am filthy rich.

Edited by Steppenwolf

. How about if I want to start pistol shooting from a complete novice point of view or experience. I am basically screwed unless I am filthy rich.

Or you get to national level shooting air and get invited to join the powder burners.....

I know I'm not good enough, I have shot .22 and cf pistol abroad it's great, I signed the petition months ago it will never get nearly enough signatures, no harm in trying but I am realistic. Target rifle has no appeal to me, pistol somewhat, clays very much so but PSG not bothered, happy to support PSG shooters, might even give it a go one day.

There is a route but its restricted. You can of course shoot muzzle loaders and LBP if you really want to.

The problem is this is only for the top tier of pistol shooting. Hence people with enough moeny who afforded to go to Guernsey or to Isle of Man or to France and practiced there got good results and got selected for national squad. Now, THESE people which are a tiny amount of people can in limited amounts practice in the UK. How about if I want to start pistol shooting from a complete novice point of view or experience. I am basically screwed unless I am filthy rich.

Or they could stay in the UK and train here.