TIG welder wanted

Hunter

Im about to buy one off 'That Site' but if anyone has a Tig welding kit available for a reasonable price I will be requiring one shortly for a job with quite a bit of thin metal welding.

I would pay postage or do a collection within reasonable distance.

Thanks for looking!

Yes, but its also for welding fine mild steel. A mig welder is far to strong and will burn it.

TIG will do alloy, steel, stainless, so its a very usefull tool to have around :(

i c thanks mate you learn sumit new every day

cheers kirky

Jeese thats massive for an Arc welder.. I geuss you can use 10mm thick rods in that :lol: and the towns lights dim.

This is my pride and joy Mig welder at the moment, that is slowly earning more respect then I thought!

DSCN1194.jpg

Kirky, I learn something new here everyday :good: wouldnt even have a firearm certificate or SGC if it wasnt for this forum :lol:

Jeese thats massive for an Arc welder.. I geuss you can use 10mm thick rods in that :lol: and the towns lights dim.

This is my pride and joy Mig welder at the moment, that is slowly earning more respect then I thought!

DSCN1194.jpg

Kirky, I learn something new here everyday :good: wouldnt even have a firearm certificate or SGC if it wasnt for this forum :lol:

ALLY HAS TO BE HIGH FREQUENCY TIG.

The one I have is great for fine metal work.

photograph1266sf3.jpg

If you don't mind huge holes in your work.

:good:

Is an old Bantum oil filled arc welder. Weighs a ton, but great for heavy duty work

/mad

Now THAT brings back memories is it the Pickfield bantam?

We used on at the Spanish City in whitley bay for welding the barriers on the Go Kart track and repairing the metalworkl on a few of the other rides :lol:

I use a Mig now for most light work on the car etc but fancied a Arc when Netto had them in cheap :lol:

LG

:good: You mus have a double hurnia carryiing that thing about

No,

I'm fine thanks

(typing from my hospital bed) :-)

I also have an oxy set with full sized bottles on a trolley, far too blooming heavy as I can hardly move it.

need to try and sell it and get a smaller one.

ALLY HAS TO BE HIGH FREQUENCY TIG.

Just to correct that ally is ac where as steels are dc you will find most small invertrer tigs are dc only if you want ac/dc tigs they are quite dear to buy and generally 415v. Where the " High Frequency " comes in is for starting the arc cheaper welders are scratch arc where you have to touch the tugsten tip onto your weld material which is not ideal as you contaminate the tip where as with a HF start you get a "Surge" to intiate the weld so you do not need to touch the tip onto your weld material. And yes TIG's are a very handy neat welder to have I was gonna buy one myself now i dont have access to one at my current work but I couldnt justify spending the money for the amount I would use it. :good:

Hi

I have a 40 to 140 amp arc welder and it is great for small jobs

I welded a 19mm socket to a piece of flat iron as a kind of box spanner today so I could get my shock absorber nut off

I am halfway through welding a fox shaped target to a frame via some chain,I am going to drill holes and put some of those orange reflectors your kids have on their bike spokes for the eyes

No good for ally though

photograph1266sf3.jpg

:lol:

Is an old Bantum oil filled arc welder. Weighs a ton, but great for heavy duty work

/mad

I used to use one of those oil filled arc welders, welding with it was as smooth as silk! :lol:

I currently have 6 welders in my unit - 2 TIG's, 3 MIG's and 1 stand-alone ARC :lol: ... oh, and a plasma cutter :lol::lol::lol:

photograph1266sf3.jpg

:(

/mad

I used to use one of those oil filled arc welders, welding with it was as smooth as silk! :huh:

I currently have 6 welders in my unit - 2 TIG's, 3 MIG's and 1 stand-alone ARC :P ... oh, and a plasma cutter :lol::lol::lol:

Hi

Plumber by any chance are you?

ho ho

MARK

Hi

ho ho

MARK

heh, not a plumber.

I needed a welder and fell in love with this one. I love old gear!

@ Tony9r:

I used to use a plasma cutter and it ranks as my all time most favourite tool. It beats chainsaws, nail guns, you name it anything for being one hell of a cool tool.

I used to do welding at a sculpture Workshop and they had a cutter there. Still remember firing up the compressor first, and that was a huge beast of a machine. A good 5 feet long. Then cutting through sheet like it was butter with that wicked green light, the hiss and the smell.

mmmh!

/Mad

Hi

ho ho

MARK

heh, not a plumber.

I needed a welder and fell in love with this one. I love old gear!

@ Tony9r:

I used to use a plasma cutter and it ranks as my all time most favourite tool. It beats chainsaws, nail guns, you name it anything for being one hell of a cool tool.

I used to do welding at a sculpture Workshop and they had a cutter there. Still remember firing up the compressor first, and that was a huge beast of a machine. A good 5 feet long. Then cutting through sheet like it was butter with that wicked green light, the hiss and the smell.

mmmh!

/Mad

Absolutely :( ... saves me a fortune in cutting disc's :huh: