Gun for clays and pigeons

hesky

I'm thinking of getting another gun not a semi auto like my last one. I want to be able to use it for clays and pigeons, Question 1 in your opinions what's the best chokes to use ie make of chokes not size. Reading about all these different chokes has given me a headache, so your knowledge and advice will be very appreciated on this question and the following ones. I want to spend around £1200 on a new gun, Question 2 up to now I have looked at.

Beretta 686e sporter

Beretta 686 gold e sporting

Browning synergy pro sport

or even a Beretta UGB25 Xcel semi automatic

Any other ideas most welcome lads oh and no Pabear Mikey I'm not going to sell you it after 6 weeks

Cheers Lads n Lasses

Silver pigeon, chokes that come with it are fine, I am using Rhino ported chokes and I think they are worth the money from what I have seen.

If its them doing it, or me thinking they are doing something I don't know - so I am not thinking about it and just doing it :lol:

I use a Browning 525 Advanced, it gives me 25/75 on the clay ground and a nearly perfect kill count with the rabbits and pigeons. They are multichoked but i have never used anything else but IM & M. 32" barrels are a pain when out and about in the field but the result is what you aim at you hit. Hope this helps. They cost around £1195 secound hand. But that was 10 months ago. Very good value for money.

I've got a Baikal 627 1/4 & 1/2 choke, split stock and one ejector working and can still outshoot my cack handed frigger of a mate with his Beretta DT10. Don't get too hung up on the gun and gizmos, pointing in the right direction is the main thing to worry about whatever you shoot :good:

Sounds like a quality gun there Caplock!

Tis true quality, have even used it to row a punt ashore after we lost an oar and 'Mr Browning Gold' nearly had a fit at the suggestion of using his! Tart :(

Too many shooters wrap their guns in cotton wool! I'd give that a go with my Beretta SP, it's a tool not a showpiece. I like the quality feel of it, and that wont change when the blue gets worn away and the stock is dented :huh:

miroku generally have alot of drop at comb, and suit a select bunch of shooters. generally shooters of beretta's will not get on with them.

However the mk70 sport gets my vote :huh:

picked up my gr3 in my sig for £1350, very veyr pleased with it, never going to sell it.

miroku generally have alot of drop at comb, and suit a select bunch of shooters. generally shooters of beretta's will not get on with them.

The MK38 put alongside my Beretta 687 I have noticed that the angle of the stock lying one on top of the other is near enough identical, the difference with the MK38 is the stock sits 8 - 10 mm higher which suits me, the length of the stock is slightly longer and the mid bead been present has helped to keep my eye dominance problem away from the left side of the barrel, really impressed with the gun, will have to buy one soon.

the extra length (normally not that much diff between beretta and miroku) will give the effect of more drop.

however i believe the mk38 started life as a trap gun :huh: hense why the dimensions on the sporterised models differ slightly from the rest of the range. But dont quote me on that.