357 magnum underleaver which one

Albert 888

OK guys I'm after a 357 magnum underleaver rifle. I have done this before but have forgot.

I think I want a marlin, just missed out on one again.

It's for indoor 25yrds and 100m outdoor. I think I would like the older longer octagonal barrel type if they do them. Am I right in saying I want a pre reminton one and angle eject. It looks like I will be buying from afar so I would like t know exactly what I'm going for. If I can't find a marlin an older reminton ae may fit the bill. The rifle will be shot open sights but need the option of fitting a scope, quick release type type,for load development (yes I am anal)so I can revert back to open sights. Will also be reloading so info on good loads as in 38Special for indoor and 357 mag for 100m outdoor would be good. Any help info will be good.

Remington did not make a levergun. I think you mean Win 94ae (angle eject).

I prefers the Win 94 over the Marlin. Marlin are too chunky for me and I prefer the flat bottom of the Win.

With a Williams FP peep on the receiver and a folding leaf rear I could remove the peep, look through the now ghost ring and use the folding leaf rear zeroed for a slower round. Weaver bases are available for Win 94.

Accurising a Win 94 is fixed very easy. The trigger is tunable but fiddly.

If you need primers boys I have hundreds!

Mine is in a shop now in Stoke on Trent. Sold it.

U.

Yes win ae is my second choice as they are more readily Available. I have shot both marlin and winchester,I did prefer the marlin if I remember correctly. Underdog I did see yours forsale but now can't find it. Looked on gunstar and guntrader.it was at pets and pastimes if I remember correctly. Remembered as stoke isn't that far away.

got me a Marlin 1894c at Christmas and love it. It would benefit from a bit of slicking up but other than that I'm well happy with it.

If you're thinking of getting a new Remlin be prepared for a wait, I ordered one thro my LGS last easter and would still be waiting now if I hadn't found my pre owned one.

Edited by Sco77w

No doubt someone will also tell you, if you're wanting a Marlin don't buy one of the newer ones (since Remington took them over and moved production).

Buy a nice used one, look for the letters JM stamped on the barrel, this means it was manufactured pre-takeover by Marlin themselves at the North Haven, Connecticut factory.

The JM stamped rifles certainly offer better fit and finish than anything Remington have produced since 2010.

Yes win ae is my second choice as they are more readily Available. I have shot both marlin and winchester,I did prefer the marlin if I remember correctly. Underdog I did see yours forsale but now can't find it. Looked on gunstar and guntrader.it was at pets and pastimes if I remember correctly. Remembered as stoke isn't that far away.

They may not being advertising yet as the deal is not complete! Phone them , ask for Paul. It is a legacy. Very good trigger on it! Have load data, at least six loads from Max down to poppers!

U.

+1 for Marlin. Great fun for squirrels and rabbits, got fox on my ticket too :)

Love my 1894c, very versatile gun and cheap to run on homeloads, even cheaper if you cast your own!.

Ive fitted a weaver rail with a built in ghost ring, low mag scope with qd mounts.

It holds zero well whilst changing sights for range or field.

As said before better off with a used JM model which will already be slicked enough. MM.