Had a look around the farms today

Harnser

And bumped into my farmer friend who was loading up the muck spreader with the tailings from under the beet riddle to spread over the beet stubble . These tailings are absolutely full of chipped beet and I asked him to spread them on a part of the field that I like to shoot from . I now have a 300 yard x 100 yard strip of beet chippings on my favourite part of the field . Shall be keeping my eye on this field for the next couple of days .

Harnser

Goood luck Harnser. The pigeons on my ground have at last started to feed on the rape. Last winter they never touched it and it looked as though it was going to be the same this year. All the birds I have shot in the woods ( not many ) since November have been full of wheat ( only one had any rape inits crop ), so they must have been raiding some keepers pheasant feeding areas. There is next to no beech mast and no acorns in my woods this year so there has not been a lot of variety of food for them to feed on.

Got some on my rape but it's so hit and miss, 1 day there there the next there not, can't wait to get in the wood Saturday, been a good thousand or so in there every night, the brambles in the bottom are white with pigeon pooh. South west wind best but don't look like I'm going to get that.

And bumped into my farmer friend who was loading up the muck spreader with the tailings from under the beet riddle to spread over the beet stubble . These tailings are absolutely full of chipped beet and I asked him to spread them on a part of the field that I like to shoot from . I now have a 300 yard x 100 yard strip of beet chippings on my favourite part of the field . Shall be keeping my eye on this field for the next couple of days .

Harnser

Harnser

isn't baiting birds ilegal

Had a go on this field today . Set up at about 0830 and shot until 1530 . Several birds feeding on the field when I arrived . Set up on the beet tailings and managed to pick up 49 . Missed a few and lost a few . Should have been a 60 day at least . Used my new miroku 20 bore and had some super sporting shots ,although it does feel a little lumpy after using my beretta auto ,but beggers carnt be choosers . Really did enjoy the day .

Harnser