Metal detectors

Scully

Cracking forum this. Thanks for all the advice gents. Have had a good look at the Teknetics Eurotek 2 and the Garrett Ace 250. Haven't felt this excited since Susan Caldwell took me behind the curtains at a school dance......I don't get out much. :)

forget the garret ace 250, you will soon grow out of it .teknetics are good machines , i have had the T2 a very good machine. the wife uses the G2 . never read up more on the other machines as i know i have all the detector i need in the deus. take your time get on rogers relics , its like this forum P W very helpful people .

Had some of my best finds with the Ace 250-its simplicity is a bonus and its design costs were met by the CIA so the machine is unbeatable for value-you can pick them up for around £150 and you will need to spend at least 3 times as much to get a significantly better machine. I have the Fisher F75 SE with a built in Sunray probe-sits in my dining room 360 days a year-the ACE was never dusty!!!!!

Thanks for all your help gents; I think it's looking like the Teknetics Euro 2. I'm relying on the advice of your good selves as my nearest dealer only sells Whites, and the only other dealer in Cumbria is online only, but has all the models mentioned on this thread. So thanks again all.

Before you commit-speak to Kevin at staffsmetaldetectors-absolute genius and will advise you on the best machine for you-never pushes his own stock, if he thinks theres a better machine out there that he doesn't have in stock then he will tell you.......

Edited by bruno22rf

Before you commit-speak to Kevin at staffsmetaldetectors-absolute genius and will advise you on the best machine for you-never pushes his own stock, if he thinks theres a better machine out there that he doesn't have in stock then he will tell you.......

Much appreciated; will give them a call.

Lead shot won't as its too small but musket balls are a very common find.

Ha ha yeah ok, my Deus will pick up lead the size of a lighter Flint, takes forever to find.

Great hobby, been doing it on & off for 32 years, meet loads of great people especially on the camping weekenders.

Hard to get permissions so usually go out with clubs. Expect a lot of people to be buying machines now after the weekend wanderers member pulled out that massive Saxon hoard over Christmas.