Screw cutting and Proof.

Gunman

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

Sorry my link isn't very good and sorry you think I think its law My apologies; I never meant to infer you think it is law, I was merely pointing out the fact it isn't just in case some misinterpreted your post.

I don't

However I do feel as its such a grey area and for my piece of mind it is best policy to submit a gun for re proof after work has been done That's entirely fair enough. I have no problem with freedom of choice, merely those who insist something is law, when it isn't.

Hi

Sorry my link isn't very good and sorry you think I think its law My apologies; I never meant to infer you think it is law, I was merely pointing out the fact it isn't just in case some misinterpreted your post.

I don't

However I do feel as its such a grey area and for my piece of mind it is best policy to submit a gun for re proof after work has been done That's entirely fair enough. I have no problem with freedom of choice, merely those who insist something is law, when it isn't.

Not a problem

Thanks for your reply

All the best

Of

Yes, so what is your point?

We're going round in circles.

It's like Kent never went away..........

Why, simply because I refuse to perpetuate this myth? I don't mind being proved wrong.

Everytime this topic comes up for conversation there are those who insist it is against the law not to have it reproofed, it just isn't. I can understand perfectly why some RFD's may insist on it if their insurers stipulate it, and I can understand why some with money as an incentive such as the proof house and dishonest RFD's who by perpetuating this myth is to their advantage, but that doesn't make it law.

On the point of unscrupulous RFD's, the one my mate used charged 75 quid to have the job done, and was going to charge another 100 to have it reproofed until mate told him it wasn't necessary. We subsequently found out in conversation with someone that the bloke he used to do the work, charged 35 quid; the dealer was charging 40 quid just to hand over the gun to a gunsmith; he didn't even have to deliver it, the gunsmith came round to collect them !

If anyone wants to have their rifle barrel reproofed following screw cut, then by all means have it done, it's their choice, but for some to insist IT IS THE LAW, is just wrong.

Edited by Scully