Nite Site + IR

marnold

Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone had used an extra IR device with an NS200?

I was looking at some reviews and videos of the NiteSite Eagle and it got me to thinking about the older NS200. Would adding, say, a NightMaster 800 with an IR LED add to the range of the NS200 by giving it a better IR beam than the built in IR bulbs on the back of the NiteSite's monitor unit?

Or would the camera module of the NS200 be limited with regard to the amount of IR it can take in and therefore not see any benefit of an added IR device?

Adding a NM800 will vastly improve the range and clarity. You can buy cheaper IR torches, such as the T20.

Brilliant, thanks Steve! I already have a NM800 with red and white LED's, as well as an NS200.

Bit of a long shot, but I don't suppose you happen know what wavelength IR LED for the NM800 is needed for the NS200 camera do you? Would I need the 850nm or the 940nm wavelength version?

My friend use one of my t20 on is nig site lot better but not so good as putting rifle to shoulder as my yokon

I have just put a venom strike on my photon xt . Its now a proper bit of kit especially as the strike has a dimmer on the back so i can turn it right down when shooting close up or flat out for the long shots . Im loving it .

Edited by stevo

Brilliant, thanks Steve! I already have a NM800 with red and white LED's, as well as an NS200.

Bit of a long shot, but I don't suppose you happen know what wavelength IR LED for the NM800 is needed for the NS200 camera do you? Would I need the 850nm or the 940nm wavelength version?

use 850nm as the nite site will struggle to see a 940nm IR

I have a N2000 laser from ward night vision its fab, with my set up I can see Charlie's at over 600 yards and knock them over at 300 with my S&B PM2 and add on NV. I can swap it onto my 22 rimmy and the HMR in about 1 min which is helpful if up the high seat knocking bunnies over and a Charlie appears in the distance :ninja:

t67 will do a good job I can see 300 yard plus with home made set up

although the T67 has a good throw they are very big and heavy to sit on top of a rifle, you would be better using the 66mm crellant head with a T20, its only 1mm smaller but probably a third of the weight of a T67,

the T67 is probably one of the heaviest torches I,ve ever held