warning

kent

those women hadn't been BASC members very long silly in my view to say lets have a women cause shes a women BASC needs the best people man or women the council is not representative of the membership. When do you see them when do you see details to contact them when could a member go and listen to the debate at council meetings before you say you would not get all members in you would not get all residents in the local council meeting but it is mainly open to the public

As someone who can't vote some may regard my opinions as irrelevant, but I think it hypocritical for someone to vote to ban one bloodsport while admitting he has enjoyed another. Therefore in my opinion, he's untrustworthy, and I wouldn't vote for him on that basis. Politicians are very good at telling the populace what not to do while finding ways of doing it themselves, it would often seem.

No matter what your opinions regarding fox hunting, people hunted them for exactly the same reasons we claim we shoot living creatures; yet he voted against one while advocating another. What's that all about then? :hmm:

As someone who can't vote some may regard my opinions as irrelevant, but I think it hypocritical for someone to vote to ban one bloodsport while admitting he has enjoyed another. Therefore in my opinion, he's untrustworthy, and I wouldn't vote for him on that basis. Politicians are very good at telling the populace what not to do while finding ways of doing it themselves, it would often seem.

No matter what your opinions regarding fox hunting, people hunted them for exactly the same reasons we claim we shoot living creatures; yet he voted against one while advocating another. What's that all about then? :hmm:

I've made my point so I'm not going to bang on about it any more after this, but, yes, I suspect he probably is untrustworthy. I suspect he is sly, wily and ruthless. That is what we need on our team when dealing with any government, but particularly one which might not be particularly sympathetic.

That's my point. We're not choosing a mate, a great guy, somebody you might want to go hunting with. We need someone to mix it on our behalf in the unpleasant, untrustworthy world of politics.

Great if the rest of the them on the Council are all nice guys (and girls), but could we not use just one who is wily and ruthless? He's not going to have the opportunity to stab us in the back. What's he going to do, say "actually government, ban shooting after all"? Why would he want to be on the BASC council unless he was on our side? There would be no point.

I've made my point so I'm not going to bang on about it any more after this, but, yes, I suspect he probably is untrustworthy. I suspect he is sly, wily and ruthless. That is what we need on our team when dealing with any government, but particularly one which might not be particularly sympathetic.

That's my point. We're not choosing a mate, a great guy, somebody you might want to go hunting with. We need someone to mix it on our behalf in the unpleasant, untrustworthy world of politics.

Great if the rest of the them on the Council are all nice guys (and girls), but could we not use just one who is wily and ruthless? He's not going to have the opportunity to stab us in the back. What's he going to do, say "actually government, ban shooting after all"? Why would he want to be on the BASC council unless he was on our side? There would be no point.

Can't see the logic in that argument actually. He is one man, and I can't see one hypocritical untrustworthy ex politician in a world of hypocritical untrustworthy politicians having much influence, even though he may claim it's a valid point worth voting for. He's unlikely to claim otherwise; after all, he's a former politician. :)

If he hadn't voted against one bloodsport while admitting he's enjoyed another, then I'd say vote for him.

He joined BASC 2 yrs ago - the way I see it unless someone can explain differently he joined to get a place on the council! Do you know what the council do? He could have voted other ways on the foxhunting ban but he chose to vote "strongly" in favour. Personally speaking I don't get someone who claims to have been rough shooting with a relative 40 yrs back yet has lived the rest of his life without being involved with WAGBI or BASC till his mid sixties and doesn't state he is a member of any shoot, goes stalking, shoots vermin, beats etc. etc as worthy .

The council are there to guide the BASC experts and employees, we have some super guys in firearms ex-licensing managers etc. We have well know gamekeepers, gundog trainers, expert witnesses etc. etc. IN my opinion an anti within is something we 100% don't need. An MP? well for me and I suspect many on PW that just sours things further

Frankly council members need to be like us and think like us as its us they represent

I'm actually amazed the ammount of people that have just joined BASC and then put themselves up or council?

Seems such a random thing to do. If u have been inolved with shooting for so long why have u not always been a member? Why not join the comitee of ur 'chosen' org rather than 1 u havejust joined purely for that reason

(Am i being a cynic bt is it a CV thing for chartered surveyors?)

Someties the folk that push themselves forward are the very people u should be stopped from going on comitee. Think there is a similar saying with politicains that the very fact they want to be 1 should be enough to gey u banned from being 1.

I'm actually amazed the ammount of people that have just joined BASC and then put themselves up or council?

Seems such a random thing to do. If u have been inolved with shooting for so long why have u not always been a member? Why not join the comitee of ur 'chosen' org rather than 1 u havejust joined purely for that reason

(Am i being a cynic bt is it a CV thing for chartered surveyors?)

Someties the folk that push themselves forward are the very people u should be stopped from going on comitee. Think there is a similar saying with politicains that the very fact they want to be 1 should be enough to gey u banned from being 1.

You know I don't know the details of the written BASC constitution enough but I am going to find out and suggest others do as well! Many clubs, associations etc have limitations on who might apply for a seat on councils, committee etc. I think say a minimum of 5 yrs continuous membership? A proven and ongoing active involvement in our sport (not just target shooting in the case of BASC)? might be more than a good idea!

On a smaller basis I know of one wildfowling club were two committee members are non fowlers, one has been out once and the other never! mind you quite a few more no longer go out or rarely go out. My point is it don't matter were your skills lay your job in this area is to represent the thoughts and feelings of the average member! IF A CERTAIN SKILL SET IS EVER REQUIRED PROFFESIONALLY IT CAN BE BOUGHT ON THE OPEN MARKET