Daystate Air Ranger, Arriving Today

evo

well chaps, I,ve finally bit the bullet,

I bought a new Airwolf last month and well all I can say is I am over impressed with its outstanding performance, BUT since the game fair in 2012 I have always wanted the Daystate Air Ranger in .177

well I finally bought one, and its arriving today, I,ve not been this exited since I first walked into a sweet shop :lol::lol: :lol:

I first tried the ranger out in 2012 at the midland game fair and didn,t have the money to buy it on me so ended up getting the Daystate huntsman classic in .22

what a decision that turned out to be, brilliant rifle and has accounted for many rabbits and magpie,s .

but after shouldering the ranger I always wanted one because the rifle shot superb and felt superb and all I have done is read about how good they are,

well its on its way and I,m sitting here like a big kid waiting for it to arrive and add it to my collection of Daystates,

hope its as good as the ones I have as they have been superb to say the least,

will put a few pics up later

atb Evo

please note !!!!

HW 100 owners need not reply :lol::lol: :lol: :lol:

I can tell you are excited, bet you cannot wait. The Air Ranger is a fine rifle and I cannot wait to see the pictures you post. I do however prefer the early Rangers with the wooden trigger guards. I think Daystate stopped doing this kind of stock as it was cheaper to produce the one with the separate metal trigger guard.

yes I,ve seen the mk1 and a stunning rifle it was,

this is the mk 2 with the metal trigger guard its just arrived and I,m just about to stick a scope on and check it over the chrono to see how it performs,

will put some pics up later and let ya know how it goes

atb evo

damn... youve got more daystates now than the average gun shop has :)

well done on the purchase :good:

my local rfd said that bud,,at least I,ve got the ranger now, always wanted one and turbo33 made my mind up,,damn him lol

Edited by evo

time to order the bullpup now then :)

I,ll be honest mate, I had put the money away to buy the new daystate on its release but when it came out I was gutted, it was a bullpup and to top it off it had a side lever and I,m a bolt man, not saying I wont own a lever rifle but I had the choice , a hw100 or the air ranger, I went for the ranger for personal satisfaction,

its great to shoulder and has had the shroud shortened which is excellent to use arount the equestrian centre,in and out the stables and barns, its also got the twink silencer on it, I,ve just put a couple of pellets through it and its very quiet, nearly as quiet as my buddy,s john bowkett special,

well scope to go on now and I,ll put about 200 pellets through it to get a reading on how it behaves through the fill then I will adjust till its perfect,

I can sleep beter now knowing I,ve finally got my hands on the ranger, I know they are highly rated but it will have to be very good to equal my others,certainly the wolf tact and the wolverine b which are both awesome for accuracy

atb Evo

Evo I think I may need your address.....Ive never seen myself as a burglar before but hearing this news of your latest addition my crow-bar is waving at me ! :lol:

But dont worry I would leave you Archie and your SxS :good: Am kind like that :)

I love all the rifles you have am just not so keen on the Rangers and Wolfs, I prefer a deicated RH stock like the MK4 and Huntsman. If I had the funds that Wolf of Kennys with the blue laminate Mark Sanderson stock would be on my list.

It just looks like your missing a Red Ranger or MK4 now ! :lol:

I dont wish ill of you or anything but any chance of a mention in your will :innocent:

Scope wise its got to be the new Hawke Air-Max with the infantly adjustable IR surely ?

ATB

Matt

Edited by salop sniper

You must be a HW100 owner or Regal owner then ? :lol:

Neither, I've only got 2 rifles, AA Prosport and AA S200, they are great to use and fantastically accurate for me so there's no point in getting anything else. I love what I've got and know them inside out.

I just like a little bit of mickey taking! :lol:

Am guessing this is the one off the Black forum, witht he big dark eye type figure in the wood of the stock with the camo tape currently on it?

Have you driven to collect it today ?

ATB

Matt

it is mate ,,camo all off and a cracking rifle underneath cant understand why people put that camo tape on,,

the twink silencer is very very quiet, anyway off to have a play now will be on later

Fair play !

I dont under stand it either. I tryed a Camo-it kit on mine but didnt rate it. So all I did was get a second end cap for my Hugget and painted it matt green as thats the bit that points at quarry. And I kept my oridginal end cap as it is !

Nice looking rifle you got Bob :good:

we need photos boyo!

well chaps, had a play with the new rifle and I,m quite impressed considering I took the pellets straight out of the tin, I,ve fitted a Hawke panorama EV AO IR 3 x 9 x 50 , also fitted a bipod and sling, and I,ve now fired about 120 pellets through it, well all I can say is ,,,,,I,m happy, the rifle is shooting pretty well out to 45yrds, I,ve zero,d it in to 45yrds with AA Diablo 8.4gr pellets,

I did a small test and had two pellets just off but have to be honest I didn,t check any pellets they where straight out the tin and I also didn,t check any of the skirts also so it shot well considering heres a pick of the 10 shot group, the top hole is where the pin held the target, as you can see 8 pellets are touching each other and 2 pellets just outside that

007_zps17dfsye9.jpg

I,ll do a proper test with pellets 2moro , anyway here it is now I have took the camo tape off and put everything on it, it has got a 17" barrel but the shroud has been cut and a twink silencer fitted, it has all been done by the pros, I,m very impressed with how quiet the twink silencer is,

001_zps11awpe9c.jpg

004_zpsiw6ej9dv.jpg

002_zpsk7qa2g95.jpg

003_zpszcmdi4mg.jpg

and here she is with her big brother

006_zpsjpdokzzq.jpg

005_zpsxrhcderw.jpg

thanks for looking, but I need another cabinet now,,i,d forgot about that

atb Evo

Looks gorgeous Bob, you did well there. Pity about the not so good grouping, more pellet testing maybe :lol: KIDDING!!! :lol::lol:

Mine was doing that kind of grouping yesterday, as I mentioned. Very impressed with it.

Chris, I wouldn't be overly concerned about this power curve thing. There's a review on the Air Ranger v Airwolf here. At 2.14, there's a 100 shot graph, showing 1 ft/lb difference. On chairgun, that equates to 3.5mm difference, or I guess, nearly the width of a pellet at 45yards!.

Mull no further.......Buy one, or break into Evo's place, you won't be disappointed!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4O2yo-HPODg

Here's mine, so much nicer than Evo's :lol::lol: And he started it with the TAC MCT!!!

P3050426_zpsw6qluglt.jpg

P3050425_zpsgzfeoiqd.jpg

P3050424_zpshjirvnlg.jpg

got to be honest Marc but the tactical ranger is stunning mate, since getting the wolf tact I have a love for them now and the feel in the hand and the grip is superb, its your bloody fault I got the ranger after seeing yours,

they are a cracking piece of kit and I must say having the shroud shortened has made the rifle better for me , as you can see the overall length is 1 1/2" shorter than the wolf but 3 1/2" if I put the mk5 daystate reflex on, I,ll keep the twink mod on for now as its very quiet but will put a mk5 reflex on it, in time

atb Evo

You better be right about this chaps :P Hopefully picking up a little something tomorrow...

Actually it was a combined wind up between Evo and me. I said you wouldn't get Chris to take the bait and buy one, he said you would :lol:

Just kidding....Wow, that was quick!! I think this Daystate virus is becoming deadly :lol:

If you don't want to succumb to this terrible condition........

COVER YOUR EYES AND DON'T LOOK AT THE PICTURES!!!! :lol::lol:

Actually it was a combined wind up between Evo and me. I said you wouldn't get Chris to take the bait and buy one, he said you would :lol:

Just kidding....Wow, that was quick!! I think this Daystate virus is becoming deadly :lol:

If you don't want to succumb to this terrible condition........

COVER YOUR EYES AND DON'T LOOK AT THE PICTURES!!!! :lol::lol:

HAHA!

no i'd been umming and arring over one that's for sale for £475 in apparent perfect nick. Decided to go for it! .22 to complement the .177 R10

HAHA!

no i'd been umming and arring over one that's for sale for £475 in apparent perfect nick. Decided to go for it! .22 to complement the .177 R10

chris you wont be disappointed mate, they are superb,

spent an hour with it today and all I can say is ,,its excellent, the rifle likes air arms 8.4gr pellets in 4.52 but doesn't like the jsb,s in 4.53 but will try the 4.52 jsb,s later ,

its grouping very well and I put over 100 pellets through it and the power curve is not worth worrying about,,

Marc,, I zero in to 45 yrds because most of my bunny bashing is done between 40 and 50yrds, on my perms, my airwolf is like you zero,d to 35yrds mate ,

they certainly shoot very flat that's for sure, on one of my perms I like to stay 40yrds away from where the rabbits always come out and down wind, stick the crosshairs on them and pull the trigger but on another perm their is an oak tree in the middle of the field and the hedgeline on both sides is 45yrds away, that's the reason for the 45yrd zero mate