15/3/15 crows from this morning ,beretta v Kicks full chokes

Guest stevo

Guest stevo

Nice work, Stevo. Would I be right in saying that the kicks choke has no constriction?

A up motty.

It's a full choke. It's Got .35 written on the side of it.

Like a muppet I put. 740 on the video I don't have a clue where I got that from. And before I realised I had done is the video. Haha.

So I'm assuming that's the constriction. Im not that technically minded. I just know it's full as that's written on it to.

So would the .35 be the constriction motty?

Edited by stevo

Guest stevo

Cracking you're a great shot very well done.

your way too kind but thank you

Nice one Stevo ,I ordered a kicks full choke a few days ago looks like I did the right thing.Out in the morning to try the new gun out !!

good man , your love it im sure , bet you cant wait to give it a go,

Guest stevo

Just checked it, .35 is full.

Do you have a preference for either choke?

errrm yeah , I suppose it depends what your looking for really motty . The beretta after market full choke is good , it throws a decent enough pattern and like I said , over the standard flush fitting full choke , it does give slightly better results , however ............ the Kicks is a monster in comparison , yes it throws a truly superb pattern and will hold it way past the effective range of the shell used , but and this can be a big but for some , the pattern is unbelievably tight !! to give you an idea at 35 yards your all of your shot ( plaswad ) WILL be inside 20 inch and 75% will be about 18 inch , with a fibre wad under the same conditions all of your shot will be inside 24 inch and 75% inside 20 inch .

also the shot string is very very small , so on birds going away of straight at you its devastating , to the point crows head on out to 35m will be Ragged , but crossing birds your lead has to be on the money .

I have a very crude way of testing shot sting but I wont bore you with it as your think im blooming mad , but it is very short .

so a lot depends I spose on your reason for wanting one , mine was I wanted it purely for smashing carrion at range which is does very well , I also do a fair bit of foxing with a shotgun which again this choke really comes into play ,

it also looks pretty cool as well ;-)

edited the correct range

Edited by stevo

Guest stevo

Not bad shooting considering the gun you were using; And about time you put a video up

Top darts as always Stevo!!

Haha you've just got Xtrema envy ;-)

Edited by stevo