20 bore cartridges!

John at Folkestone Engineering Services does Fiocchi Top 20 very cheaply :good:

If you can get them very cheaply, I'd go for it if that's near you. They're not a 'favourite' of mine or anything, but I've just shot 1000 of them (off top of my head, think they were 24g 7.5s) at clays with my 20b in the last few weeks, and they were absolutely good as gold. No problem at all. Perfectly good cartridge.

I put a few plastic wad Sagas through my (fairly heavy) 20 bore at the local clay ground. They were fine; pretty consistent crimps and no problems with them. They didn't stick out as the very best shell money can buy but I wouldn't be heartbroken if that was all I could get. Get a few boxes and see what you think.

All the best

Brian

• 3 weeks later...

I usually buy Gamebore but when I had to purchase a couple of boxes at Clay Club the only 20s they had were Hull 28gm and they gave me a lot of recoil. Odd this as I'm fairly stocky and don't usually suffer like this. Whilst they were a little heavy for my gun - usually shoot 24-26gm - I have shot a lot of 28gm Gamebore without noticing recoil. Tried Lyverdale 28s this week and no issues. Are Hull a bit sharp?