Budget 2015 - what are your thoughts?

grrclark

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope not, has the country got that short a memory?

Yes. Opinion polls would indicate no overall majority which will probably mean Libour and SNP running/ruining the show.

I am putting a large bet on that. Then I am hedged, although still significantly exposed, against the financial chaos that they will bring.

Think about it. They know that they screwed it up last time but still get voted in. They think "blimey we can really go to town this time and truly shaft the country even more than last time and within a few years the public will give us another chance".

As I said before - we get the government we deserve!

Do you really believe that the money saved will not be wasted on some other 'government initiative' rather than being used for something constructive?

But as a common or garden employee, if you sold your car and put the money in the bank it would not be given a thought.

As a sole trader if I do that then under these rules it would be classed as income and taxed and I bet it wouldn't be easy to get the HMRC vultures to agree otherwise.

Spot on well said they want to eventually get rid of cash in society then everyone pays lots more tax !

I remain to be convinced the con men represent me as a PAYE higher rate taxpayer,and I cant ever forget they sold off our utilities to the highest bidder who are now almost exclusively overseas owned and who are taking the profit from them out of the country, and I certainly dont ever want to vote for the traitorous labour scum that gave my country away so UKIP for me and a chance I willingly would love to take.shame it seems more dont have the balls to try for change.

KW

For someone so clearly disillusioned with the main parties I can't believe you're now going to vote for a party that has one of the biggest crooks in UK politics as deputy chairman.

It may not be a requirement to link your account today but how long before it becomes one?

All I'm saying, is that this is being sold to us as a way to reduce people's administrative burden when it's actually a creeping attempt to reduce tax evasion. I am fully in support of attempts to address tax evasion but they should have the balls to be open about that, they might actually get some support for doing so. To suggest self employed tax liability can be calculated using little more than the sum of credits and debits hitting a bank account is a gross oversimplification, which if you'd know if you'd been self employed or run a company. The results of those calculations are likely to be difficult to argue and hence many won't bother. I have every reason to suspect they'll make a complete bloody hash of it and, like they have many times before, waste a fortune in tax payers money in the process.

At the end of the day, it's global companies that need to be targeted not the self employed! But as always, it's easier to pick the low hanging fruit.

Very True

er read the chancellors intentions its all out there.what would I do? stop the big boys fiddling billion upon billion for a start and then get our national infrastructure back of the overseas investors and start putting money back into the country as opposed to taking it out!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/budget-spending-cuts-this-chart-shows-the-worst-is-still-to-come-10118181.html

KW

he's right

Edited by overandunder2012