If I Have My Sums Right

In what respect?[/quotwise

Do you get a better quality cartridge, are they cheaper like for like , just overhaul really , if it can be broke down like that ?

It means you can load whatever suits you and more obcure cartridges or gauges that fetch a premium price and far more economical to make yourself. I always use reloads over factory shells and whilst I can't really say they are better or worse they are certainly good enough for the job in hand.

It means you can load whatever suits you and more obcure cartridges or gauges that fetch a premium price and far more economical to make yourself. I always use reloads over factory shells and whilst I can't really say they are better or worse they are certainly good enough for the job in hand.

Ok thank you :)

Factory 20g clay shells are about £220 per k. I can make them for a third of that assuming the recent supply of free lead is used :yes:

funnily enough that was my thinking, I use a lot of 20g shells and there expensive...

I can get an endless supply of lead for free which got me thinking

funnily enough that was my thinking, I use a lot of 20g shells and there expensive...

I can get an endless supply of lead for free which got me thinking

It still takes a fair bit of time to make 1000 cartridges, might be easier to sell the free lead you get and buy shells. It's not just about the money it's a hobby in itself and there is a fair outlay for kit initially.

It still takes a fair bit of time to make 1000 cartridges, might be easier to sell the free lead you get and buy shells. It's not just about the money it's a hobby in itself and there is a fair outlay for kit initially.

It interests me too not just the money saving side ,a few hours in the workshop making cartridges is a good way to de-stress and switch off from work also :)

Try them on a pattern plate. I did and the difference was remarkable. The factory load had lots of 2's, 3's and 4's together (pellet holes side by side). My reloads gave a smooth spread ofer the plate.

If I have my sums right the 30kg of 7.5 shot I made this weekend amounts to something like 420,000 individual pellets.

Quite astounding really from a 7 dripper pot in a couple of hours :yay::yay::yay:

Of which 415,800 will hit or do absolutely nothing assuming even then you hit everything you aim at.

That's a little mean! :rolleyes:

Guest cookoff013

Try them on a pattern plate. I did and the difference was remarkable. The factory load had lots of 2's, 3's and 4's together (pellet holes side by side). My reloads gave a smooth spread ofer the plate.

you should see #4 subsonics on a pattern plate, any choke !