ONLY LAMP IF FOXES ARE TROUBLE

welshdragon77

Well each to their own, and it depends what is at stake. I know of two Fox earths, and could ambush them easily, but unless the farmer wants them shot now, i will leave them alone till later.

But when i was shooting on a Pheasent shoot, we didn't give them any peace, and were taken 24/7, it depends on your land and what you deam to be best for you. If you are shooting on one bit of land and no-one else is shooting the surrounding land you create a vacum by the one's shot and end up with more to be taken, because they are out looking for a new patch.

If someone needs to shoot them 24/7 i support you and your decision, and if you don't i support you too <_<:lol:

wipe them out ya wimp !!

save alamb pheasant or calf now !!

kirky

I will shoot, snare or trap a fox at any time day or night 24/7 year around when I get the oppertunity. That's my opinion and everyone is entitled to theirs and shouldn't get any grief for that :lol:

well said that man :lol::lol:

kirky

ps to many softy types getting involved in our harsh countryside

cheers kirky

you have to address the balance :D

Well each to their own, and it depends what is at stake. I know of two Fox earths, and could ambush them easily, but unless the farmer wants them shot now, i will leave them alone till later.

But when i was shooting on a Pheasent shoot, we didn't give them any peace, and were taken 24/7, it depends on your land and what you deam to be best for you. If you are shooting on one bit of land and no-one else is shooting the surrounding land you create a vacum by the one's shot and end up with more to be taken, because they are out looking for a new patch.

If someone needs to shoot them 24/7 i support you and your decision, and if you don't i support you too <_<:lol:

wipe them out ya wimp !!

save alamb pheasant or calf now !!

kirky

:lol::lol::lol::D

If the Farmer wants them shot then it will done, he has just started lambing this week, just have to decide what to shoot them with, 17hmr(when i get the rifle) .222 or .270 mmmmmm so many choices :( :( :lol: could always take the shottie :lol:

in my opinion foxes are nothing but trouble 365 days a year.

ronan <_<

The Irish talk sense! :lol::lol:

I'm not seeing the numbers I use to .England is over populated with housing estates and has'nt the fortunate open space like most of Ireland and Scotland so I can't see the point in shooting them for the sake of it on my patch if they are,nt a nuisance during their breeding season . :D

Perhaps us English should embark in large numbers to Ireland and Scotland and bring your fox population down a bit to our level :lol:

Tin Hat Time :lol:

:lol::lol: Will have to start charging then if thats the case. :lol::lol:

I have never seen so many foxes as this season, their everywhere. :( :lol:

I have shot a good few the last week on lamb calls and have dug out cubs afterwards.

But, the most problem it seems, farmers are having at present, is stray dogs from the town, killing sheep. :( :D

I have shot 19 in the last month. <_<

Frank.

in my opinion foxes are nothing but trouble 365 days a year.

ronan :good:

The Irish talk sense! ???:D

I'm not seeing the numbers I use to .England is over populated with housing estates and has'nt the fortunate open space like most of Ireland and Scotland so I can't see the point in shooting them for the sake of it on my patch if they are,nt a nuisance during their breeding season . :(

Perhaps us English should embark in large numbers to Ireland and Scotland and bring your fox population down a bit to our level ???

Tin Hat Time ???

They seem to be drawn to easy pickings, a keeper aquaintance here in Kent told me he had shot 400 on his estate last year and was expecting to shoot more this year,

for what its worth I dont see the point of any leeway the cubs will be shot in due time anyway.

;) D2D

I'm not seeing the numbers I use to .England is over populated with housing estates and has'nt the fortunate open space like most of Ireland and Scotland so I can't see the point in shooting them for the sake of it on my patch if they are,nt a nuisance during their breeding season . :(

Perhaps us English should embark in large numbers to Ireland and Scotland and bring your fox population down a bit to our level :(

Tin Hat Time ;)

Ive, all your foxes have moved into the cities. I suggest staking out the bins of the nearest McDonalds. Save a happy meal a grusome end :D :(

But, the most problem it seems, farmers are having at present, is stray dogs from the town, killing sheep. ??????

That craic just started down my way too :good: A stray was spotted chasing our ewes, I missed him by minutes as I was a few miles away when I got the call. Anyway I set out the live cage trap with some nice bait. If he doesn't go into that he better get a one way ticket to Cuba ???

:good: I havent read through this whole thread but I live in Essex and we have more foxes than rabbits!!! I have an 11 acres farm i can shoot on, they have a pet pheasant and some rabbits and asked me to shoot any foxes that i saw....i refused, not my thing, never shot anything bigger than a goose. So she asked a local fellow with a centrefire to get rid of a few, he used a squeeker and shot 15 in just 2 hours!!!! The next farm along spent fortunes on 6' high electrified fences to keep the foxes off thier turkeys. Dont think that there will be a shortage of foxes around here for a while :D

:good: I havent read through this whole thread but I live in Essex and we have more foxes than rabbits!!! I have an 11 acres farm i can shoot on, they have a pet pheasant and some rabbits and asked me to shoot any foxes that i saw....i refused, not my thing, never shot anything bigger than a goose. So she asked a local fellow with a centrefire to get rid of a few, he used a squeeker and shot 15 in just 2 hours!!!! The next farm along spent fortunes on 6' high electrified fences to keep the foxes off thier turkeys. Dont think that there will be a shortage of foxes around here for a while :D

Stalker,

Do you know is the 6' hieght of the fence to keep the turkeys in or especially to keep foxy out? They HATE leccy fences, I reckon a 5 strand fence is just fine for the job. I saw one on a research farm in a real fox area and they hadn't lost a lamb from that field since they switched it on years back.

What kind of squeaker did the shooter have do you know?

Cheers,

John

I have an 11 acres farm i can shoot on, they have a pet pheasant and some rabbits and asked me to shoot any foxes that i saw....i refused, not my thing, never shot anything bigger than a goose.

Stalker (:good:) - don't be surprised if you lose your permission to shoot there. It is supposed to be a mutually beneficial arrangement and to be frank there are loads of shooters about who would bite their hands off if offered the chance to take out their foxes.

I would!

:good: Thats wont happen, the lady fully understands, shes one of my patients(Im a nurse practitioner) and i have looked after her well!!! lol.

I only have 12g's and air rifles so i dont really have the tools to do it effectivley. I have thinned out the rats and bunnies!! and shes happy with that, the bunnies arent doing anywhwere near as much damage now, and the rats she didnt even realise she had lol. :)

I usually dont shoot anything i wont eat, with the obvious exception of rats and clays. :blink:

I am getting to the stage where Im thinking about it, I have the bloody things in my garden burying prey and one of my other shoots they walk down the paths in front of me at night scaring the bunnies, on another shoot i go on there is a charcoal grey coloured one, i got to within 20m of it but i thought it was so unusual that i didnt shoot it, it was with another that was picking over a lamb carcass, which was odd as there are no livestock farms within 25 miles that im aware of. i havent seen it since but i had a witness who also saw it, looked really wierd, more like a dog really.

I agree with John Galway too - I would never pass up a chance at a Fox. To leave them 'unless they cause problems' is madness. It is in their nature to kill anything they can - sometimes even if they have just eaten and do not need to feed. Foxes even kill when they have no intention of 'caching' the meat for later.

I kill cubs without hesitation - every little fox will become a big fox, and until they ALL become vegetarians I will kill them whenever I can. My intention is to keep the area of my 'permissions' (which includes my home address) as free of them as possible. I will never wipe them out - whenever one is eliminated another will take its place within weeks - but I keep them thinned out.

B