any Dyfed Powys area received SGC lately?

gaz0203

Is there anyone from the Powys area who have received there SGC lately? I'm heading to 18 weeks without any contact from them. Made 3 calls but the firearms del are frankly extremely unhelpful, Just wandering what sort of wait I'm looking at as by the looks of it waiting is all I can do, just wandering what sort of timescales other people are facing with them, thanks

No, iv received nothing back, but have had conformation from firearms its been received, cheque was cashed on Jan 23,7 weeks after posting it, but that's about it so far, I'm happy to wait if they can tell me ive passed all background checks and there just waiting to get to me, its just iv spoken to two people before Christmas who had there's done and on the doormat in 8 weeks with Dyfed, I'm just wondering what other peoples experiences are lately

Gaz is this an initial application or a renewal?

I imagine its an initial application so therefore a longer wait if you are in North Powys. I waited 4 months for my coterminuous (or however you spell it) renewal for FAC and SGC together.

At the moment the force are clearing the backlog of applications for renewals as I imagine the issue of section 7 permits counts against them in terms of statistics.

Good luck is all I can say, I know a few people in the same boat as you mate (though that wont help much).

Gaz thats just my opinion based on my experience and what I have heard in conversation with a few other people. In theory it should be first come first served but I think they are fire fighting and that they will give priority to those whose existing licences will expire. Just keep on the case and chase them each week, drop them e-mails etc.

Let us know how you go.

I had a change of address two weeks , called them in Jan they phoned in Feb came checked and took the cert , asked if I had enough carts , and two weeks later it arrived.

I think they are struggling with big changes.

First application Dr letter , or other question they just get it done.

Good luck which area of Dyfed Powys do you live?

John.

Im on the Shropshire border in between welshpool and oswestry, I'm obviously frustrated that I'm keen to get out, I just can't believe such a large concern that is Dyfed Powys police work so shodily, so far I've made four phone calls to firearms to be told its with the feo, but that's all they seem to be able to tell me, when asked for a contact number for the feo I was told they can't give it out. So there I am, at a practical dead end for the time being. I have however, sent an email to them tonight asking politely to update me on the application although I don't hold much hope as the first email I sent never got replied to!

Hope so mike, I'm only in llansantffraid so were quite close, have received an email back this morning to say that it has been passed to the feo in Newtown and he will be in touch soon, not sure uf that's good news or just old news to be honest but we will see what happens

Well a great turn up for the books today, after 4 1/2 months me and my friend who both applied at the same time decided something needed to be done. My friend sent a complaint to the Dyfed Powys police about the poor service he had received with his application. Low and behold 6 days later he had a call off the feo asking to come today for a visit. I was also there when he arrived and after explaining the situation he was very happy to also come and inspect mine as it takes two more off his list, so... After some major grumbling to the powers above firearms all is good and he is forwarding our applications to licensing Monday morning. Also a very helpful person he was too, Happy days!

Edited by gaz0203

Yes I'm chuffed to bits, when I asked how long it may be before it arrives he said there's plenty of them on the office so a couple of weeks should have it covered! Just a shame such drastic action had to be taken but in all fairness just shows it worked, Dyfed Powys police have to deal with complaints within ten days as they don't like having negative complaints/feedback. Sure enough 6 days after my friend sent an email of complaint about the service received the feo was on the doorstep. Just hope they carry on and process it quickly now. Id even go as far to send an email of thanks naming the feo after his great service