Decoys - Full Body or Easy Fold?

JONO

The collapsible full bodied sound like a great idea....................in principle.

My experience is that eventually, they don,t want to become whole bodied again, but remain partially collapsed.

Its possible that all types are not the same and perhaps I shouldn,t expect my decoys to last forever, but I will never again buy collapsible decoys. :/

Denihow - you're getting a little off-subject.

The search facility should tell you all you need to know about decoy placement and patterns - especially in the "tips and tricks" section but I'd personally put your "confidence boosting" crow decoys at least 20yards from any pigeon decoys.

And have the edge of your pigeon decoy pattern no more than forty yards away (effective shotgun range)...

Cranfield: Cheers for the info - will probably stick to the full (hard) bodied

JONO

Jono,

I always use the collapsible pigeon decoys, they are higher detail than the usual decoys, and not at all shiny.

The trick to keeping them in shape is to only collapse them for transport, I keep mine opened out at home, with old rags or T-shirts inside them, in a bin bag to keep the sun off them, then squash them flat and rubber band them into 5's for transport in my rucksack.

If you want to know where to get them at a bargain price please let me know. :/

<_<

Hi guys i have about 25 flexi decoys and 15 normal full body .I usuly put them out to gether ,but like to put the flexi ones out first as a sort of trail to see if i am in the right place .lot easyer to move than the others if in wrong end of feild.I dont find them a problem i pack one inside the other allways pop back in shape even after being stored for a few months wilst i work awy. ???