I need a shoot

Vulcha

Guest Mr Pieman

Vulcha,

people are a bit precious about their shooting rights and don't often share easily. Perhaps try offering sometihng in exchange as a trade etc. I've no idea what to offer!! I don't live down your way but hope the advice helps. <_<

PP

Vulcha, there have been lots of threads on this Forum, about how to get vermin shooting.

A "Search" will bring them up.

It involves doing some homework and knocking on Farmers doors.

It ain,t easy and you get loads of knock backs.

The other alternative, is to pay for it.

The other way that is being suggested is, that if you can offer someone some reciprocal shooting, you might get an invite.

hi vulcha,

i now this wont help you at the moment but keep it in mind for next summer. Look around your local area and find fields with barely or wheat etc . Ask the farmer if he needs a hand to bring in the bales when they have cut their crops. Even those farmers that use clamps etc for lifting the bales still to have them stacked before they are lifted. Most people dont give you things for nothing these days , so this is a good way for the farmer to get to know you before he lets you loose on his land with a gun.

it is great exercise too.

good luck

quicksilver

Ideally if you move in the right circles, try making contacts. A bit of ratting with an airgun is how I usually start, and if the farmer sees a reduction in the rodent population, he is more likely to let you after the rabbits. Once you have one farm, ask him if he knows anyone else who may benefit from some pest control. I have got lots of shooting this way. If you can say "I'm doing some pest control for such-snd-such who suggested I asked you........." is better than cold calling.