i need a miracle(not to much to ask for)

Mrs Sweepy

hi miracle workers . i no am asking for to much but i am desperate am starting to look old and haggard . belive you it is not a look am aming for .( mr sweepy might start getting hes late night coco somewere else ). now both of my dogs are kennel outside which is fine .they are very happy and dont complain. the only thing is now we have change the clocks every thing outside is waking up that little bit early then they did before .so that means you guess it so are the dogs . this moring it was 5 oclock . one day it was 4 .30 now if it was during the day i would leave them a bit . but being that time of morning i cant .otherwise the whole village will be looking old and haggard with me. so i am asking the impossable is there anyway i can stop then from doing this .the dogs not the wildlife . mind you i am a desperate women the birds might just get it . xxx(falling asleep at the computer) suzy

I wondered about this with my two so where run juts upto the garage I and cut a hole int he brick work, and cleaned out the garage thus providing a much larger space where the dogs can sleep......I try and keep the routine the same........with feed etc and at eight o'clock they go into the garage and the door into the run is blocked off......the windows have curtain which are closed, and they are quietened down.

I have found that change in daylight hours hasn't reallly bothered the dogs, as they are quietend down and woken up at the same time.......rather than them getting up when they want, especially with the dawn corus, and lighter morning etc.

........................failing that...earplugs make an easier alternative!!!!!!! :rolleyes::lol:

:sick::mad::lol:

Well Miss suzy, I go through this with two of my dogs......Bug the Boarder Collie and Bitch the Lab......everytime the days start to get lighter. There is hope :lol: , you will need to get up early for a couple of days longer but then you should be able to get back on track.

This is easist taught in a crate in the house....This way you do not have to go outside or lean out the window, or :P wake the neigbours in your .....Mrs Sweepy is that all you wear to bed :/ .

When the little darlings wake up and start their chirping little barks, calmly walk down to the kennels and tell them quiet. If they do not quiet down or start as soon as you turn your back Use the spray bottle that you have hidden.........um :rolleyes: , ah :lol: I really do not know how you are going to hide a spray bottle in that outfit :lol: ...........and give the little darlings a good couple of blasts.....just remember the sleepless mornings you have recently endured. Then walk away with a calmly given quiet. If they start again repeat the exercise. They will very quickly....well at least the Clumber will as he has a brain ;) .....settle back down until you come to let them out.

I am usually up at 4:30 am with Trix to have a coffe with her before she is off to work to support me :lol: , but I still make my dogs wait until 6:30/7:00am before they go out of their crates. They know that I will pick the time they get out not them. Like I said BUG and Bitch try this on every year first thing in the spring but a day or two and then they are back into the correct routine.

I had a problem for a while with my Lab, Breakfast time dad Bark Bark Bark

to solve the problem I crept up with a bucket of cold water and soaked her when she barked, she soon got used to the fact that when she barked she got wet! it only took about 4 days and to my mind is a fair way to deal with the problem, I know its worked for others so why not give it a go

PS it should also work on Mr Sweepy :rolleyes:

thanks chaps . dan giving me a idea .tomorrow morning when they start instead of pileing on loads of clothes . i shall go running down the garden wearing nothing more but a cross look on my face .not only will it stop the dogs barking. it might stop the wildlife from being so chirpy first thing in the morning and that morning jogger from cutting across the fields at the bottom :rolleyes: xxx(now ive had my 10th coffee am buzzing )suzy

thanks chaps . dan giving me a idea .tomorrow morning when they start instead of pileing on loads of clothes . i shall go running down the garden wearing nothing more but a cross look on my face .not only will it stop the dogs barking. it might stop the wildlife from being so chirpy first thing in the morning and that morning jogger from cutting across the fields at the bottom :rolleyes: xxx(now ive had my 10th coffee am buzzing )suzy

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Lurking in the bushes with camcorder here :sick:

Copies will be sent over the pond Dan :mad:

LB