My new scope

snyper

Its a Tasco 3-12 x 50 AO IR. Dont know about the zeroing yet, only just fitted it and cant get out again untill Sunday morning now :lol:

I went out this morning and my dad was moaning that i havent fitted the new scope yet so i thought id have ago when i got home. When i took the old one off and noticed the front end touching i though s :lol: t So i hope it zeros ok :)

Its a Tasco 3-12 x 50 AO IR. Dont know about the zeroing yet, only just fitted it and cant get out again untill Sunday morning now :(

I went out this morning and my dad was moaning that i havent fitted the new scope yet so i thought id have ago when i got home. When i took the old one off and noticed the front end touching i though s :lol: t So i hope it zeros ok :)

Beat me too it Dead Eye :lol:

You need to pack both the front and the back exactly the same height because you will struggle to get it Zeroed :lol:

Snyper

I seriously advise you to put them mounts to one side for another project and get the correct ones .There is nothing worst than not having confidence in your kit and if you struggle to zero or keep zero then this packing out will always be on your mind .

Think of the expense of bullets not to mention time especially if it's a still day . :)

Snyper

I seriously advise you to put them mounts to one side for another project and get the correct ones .There is nothing worst than not having confidence in your kit and if you struggle to zero or keep zero then this packing out will always be on your mind .

Think of the expense of bullets not to mention time especially if it's a still day . :(

:):lol::lol::lol:

Well. After calling 5 local gun shops, 1 being closed, 3 said no stock and 1 said he had a set :angry:

After a 60 mile round trip, he tried to flog me a set of cheap weaver style mounts that wouldnt fit :lol: hence why im on here and not out in the field :angry:

Has anyone got a set of Ruger med/high or high mounts (pref blued ones) they want to sell :angry:

Has anyone got a set of Ruger med/high or high mounts (pref blued ones) they want to sell :lol:

I thought i could of helped you there, just looked for my old mounts and there the same size as yours, :angry: sorry about that.

the problem is that the scope has the paralax and it is just that to big to be mounted on those mounts. best of luck and sorry couldnt help :angry:

I have a base that fits onto the Ruger cutouts and can also find rings to suit your needs that will fit the base

The base is a Hillver 1 pc RH S/A base for 77 and Mk2 (fits Ruger cutouts) (Part number 2221H) and the rings will be either Tasco or Hilver. All Tasco are made by Hilver anyway and are identical. They are good quality steel rings with full windage adjustment front and rear so you can leave your scope set to central and virtually zero with the rings.

I also have a set of Hillver Stainless High Rings (Part Number 4340)

All are new and unfitted. I will take 1/2 the best (cheapest) retail price you can find plus P&P if they are of any use to you. Deben still sell Hilver.

Email me on mry716@hotmail.com if interested.

I have a base that fits onto the Ruger cutouts and can also find rings to suit your needs that will fit the base

The base is a Hillver 1 pc RH S/A base for 77 and Mk2 (fits Ruger cutouts) (Part number 2221H) and the rings will be either Tasco or Hilver. All Tasco are made by Hilver anyway and are identical. They are good quality steel rings with full windage adjustment front and rear so you can leave your scope set to central and virtually zero with the rings.

I also have a set of Hillver Stainless High Rings (Part Number 4340)

All are new and unfitted. I will take 1/2 the best (cheapest) retail price you can find plus P&P if they are of any use to you. Deben still sell Hilver.

Email me on mry716@hotmail.com if interested.

your a good man mry :stupid:

Thanks for your kind offer once again mry, i now have it mounted but have a new problem i hope you lot can help me with :good:

I went out this morning to zero it and found that it was dropping low to the left. I adjusted it up and right but didnt move much :good: I move the turrets to there full adjustment and it was still off and now im confused !

If you look at the picture, the turrets only go up and out with increments on the turret tube. How can i zero it and when (if ! ) its on zero do i put the turret ***** back to "0" with out shifting the zero and how would i adjust for elevation/windage etc if they only go up and out :good:

Any idea's ? ?

Thanks

post-4752-1176633287.jpg

If you have packed the rings you need to put an extra 1 or 2 piece of film neg on the rear ring, so you get full adjustment on your scope.

Then once on sero you need to undone the small allen key grub screws and move the target ***** to zero without it move your adjustments :good:

But i need to get the zero to come up so if i pack out the rear, it will make it even lower :good:

If i under the screws on the target *****, they will not go down far enough to meet the 0 on the turrets. Im lost now.................

:good::lol::lol:;) Trust me pack the rear mount, i know it sounds strange but that's how it works, it is opposite to what you think :good::good:

When you undo the turrets all you do is put them on the line with the zero lined up

post-4752-1176633287.jpg

Have you changed the mounts for higher ones ?:blink:

I havent changed them for higher ones as i can not find any, i have packed my ones out equal amounts front and rear. I am going to put some extra at the rear and see what happens :good:

winchester. No, i havent got a bore sighter but will count them up/down and try again !

Thank you all for your help/advise :sly:

if you have packed just the front site it will mean the rifle shoots lower to the Point of Aim. So packing out the rear should solve this.

The turrets are designed so that once you have zero'd you get an allen key, undo the 2 oe 3 grubs screws on the turret (which will allow it to turn freely) then turn it so the white notch on the scope body matches the one marked 0 or 1 on the turret **** itself. then do the grub screws up again.

another method of zero'ing is bore sighting.

Get the rifle, take the bolt out, and place it in a rest of some sort so it dosent require any support from you.

Now find an object about 50 -> 100 yards away which you can see when you look down the bore (barrel) line the gun up with this so that it sits pointing directly at this. Now without moving the gun look through the scope and see if its pointing in the right area. Its only accurate to 6" or so but the range of adjustment in your scope should be enough to take care of that. Doing this can save you alot of shots.