land rover series 3 88" csw restoration project.

viking

i feel iv imposed on your kindness to much already simon, im going to give this one ago myself, but i will be cautious, and if they dont look good i can always paint them, they wasnt galvanised to start with, silvery colour i think. :good::good:

Did you send everything you took off or found lying around to be galved

not so far off :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

thankfully im a little more knowledgeable now, it wont happen again :whistling::whistling:

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

just spent a good couple of hours in the garage seeing what i could be bothered to do, couldnt be bothered to sort the seat brackets out, so drilled through the holes under tub through carpet, the spent an hour trying to work out what nuts and bolts were for what :no:

then spent the next hour fitting the vertical seat brackets, quite tricky on your own holding bracket,nuts and bolts up the back of them tiny slots, couldnt put seat backs on as i wanted to as the bolts i have didnt seem to fit to well and didnt want to force them, so on the face of it not much done, but its a job ticked off the list :good::good::good::good:

post-9513-0-26081400-1475265678_thumb.jpg

post-9513-0-89080600-1475265685_thumb.jpg

post-9513-0-47781500-1475265714_thumb.jpg

couldnt work this bit out, the swing up brackets that attach to the fold up seat, i drilled all the existing holes but there were only 2 holes in the middle, i thought there should of been 4, 2 for each of the brackets, surly they cant sit together and bolt up in the middle, otherwise why have the other 2 holes in each of them :hmm::hmm:

post-9513-0-50279500-1475266056_thumb.jpg

post-9513-0-63445900-1475266076_thumb.jpg

have you got the full rubber mat set for the back ?

cause you need to put it down NOOOWWW.............or you will mess the carpet up...

Full rubber mat set?? I was thinking of getting a floor mat for it but that's all.

How smart does that look. Fantastic stuff get the roof on Lee, I'm coming for a spin

Any time mate.

Just out of intrest are the seats ment for children as I would not have thought that there was much room in there for full size people.

Another thing why did you not go with bench seats.

The seats are ment for anyone. I had 4 lads in the back on my defender CSW

And although it was a bit tight it did the job.

As some sports cars say there 4 seaters. Ever tried to get in the back of a 911

And as for the Bench seats. That's a big no no I. A county station wagon. It's things like the 4 rear fold up seats. Sound proofing. Carpets and roof lining amongst other things that sets them aside from a normal hard top.

Looking good there. I was looking through my pics to see if I had a pic of the rear seat brackets all fitted, but it would appear that the rear folding seats are something else I failed to take pics of in my frenzy to take it apart. The brackets etc on mine do appear to be galvanised just gone dull with age, bit like meself really.

Viking, thanks for the info on the vin plate, pegasus was one of the links I have but they seem to be out of stock :(

You may be taking the seats out again when you refit the rear window panels, I seem to remember a few tricky fasteners that you will find the seats make it tricky to get to.

And one for the pigeon watch massive, does anyone have a spare rear fold up seat base? I have 3 but the fourth is missing. I never noticed when I bought the landy because there were about 3 sets of seats in it so I ASSUMED! that it was in the pile, no, no it's not! grrr Not bothered on colour as mine need recovering.