land rover series 3 88" csw restoration project.

viking

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My youngest, who is probably the strongest person I know - toss up between him and my eldest - snapped a Rotozip 1/4" cutter and a 7mm wood drill in the last two days. I honestly don't know how he managed - I only saw the bits break. I said "In the trade we call them idiots".

Edited by Gordon R

My youngest, who is probably the strongest person I know - toss up between him and my eldest - snapped a Rotozip 1/4" cutter and a 7mm wood drill in the last two days. I honestly don't know how he managed - I only saw the bits break. I said "In the trade we call them idiots".

thats nothing when i was in southern sudan , my boys broke 2 yes 2 bloody anvils in a year............

think ill do mastic then as iv a couple of new tube, and iv even got some panel adhesive that my mate told me to buy a few month ago, im guessing thats the same sort of stuff.

this was it :good::good:

Mastic is a non setting sealer

Tiger seal is a polyurethane adhesive

The two could not be further apart in there designed usage!

That's why you guys are here. To stop me doing stupid things. Mastic it is then

dont scratch yer bottom when using mastic.....cause you'll get nuclear clingons...then grace will have to burn em orf wiv a lighter... :lol: .;...."aaahhh the smell of burning mastic in the morning"

also got the lock in the back door, seems to be a small problem, a while ago i decided to get new locks, which worked out well as because id got new door bottoms they wasnt the same, the old doors had holes in where the locks went, the new doors didnt, but it was ok as the new locks fit in perfectly,, now iv just realised the back door doesnt look right as there is a hole for the lock barrel but the lock is to the side of it, does not look right, so ill have to find a lock to fit it or clean the old one up and put that back in, i know its hardly seen due to the spare wheel been on the back do but i cant leave it like that, can i ?? :hmm::hmm:

post-9513-0-28534500-1479923613_thumb.jpg

post-9513-0-59634200-1479923619_thumb.jpg