land rover series 3 88" csw restoration project.

viking

I just love those old WW2 Jeeps they are still to this day one of the best off road trucks around not very fast though the chap that did some work on my old cherokee has one he bought it in from the US a bit of a wreck but he has rebuilt it much like you have with the Land Rover and it is now in mint condition I think it is a 1944 another friends husband has one I think it is a 1947 French made one he used to go to shows in the summer.

Also all of the parts are easy to get hold in fact you can still get everything needed to make a new one from scratch if I was younger I would love to do that but I would like some mods like a heater and breaks that work etc etc.

Edited by four-wheel-drive

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well today was spent in the garage, 10am till 5.30pm visually not much to see, but my mate cane round and got on with the wiring, nearly all done now but we were missing some double connector things that should of been with the new loom,

we have lights :yahoo::yahoo:

post-9513-0-00748700-1482865153_thumb.jpg

post-9513-0-94537700-1482865159_thumb.jpg

post-9513-0-79348100-1482865217_thumb.jpg

post-9513-0-83186700-1482865262_thumb.jpg

Edited by viking

Looks about right. Do they then bullet connect back to the loom in the radiator panel? I had a mare with mine and had to drop it into the electricians.

nothing done today really, put the oil air bath in and the gig hose, doesnt seem like it wants to go under the bracket its ment to go under, its a fair way off and not supple enough to force :hmm: :hmm:and the rubber color doesnt move

post-9513-0-61797500-1482941344_thumb.jpg

post-9513-0-76177100-1482941350_thumb.jpg

post-9513-0-19067500-1482941379_thumb.jpg

Edited by viking

also went to machine mart and got my die grinder, came with a set of grinding stones, just need some grinding and cutting discs now, typically i have no idea what im looking for :lol:

You don't really want to be putting cutting/grinding discs on that as its not what the tool is meant for hence no safety guard.

nothing done today really, put the oil air bath in and the gig hose, doesnt seem like it wants to go under the bracket its ment to go under, its a fair way off and not supple enough to force :hmm: :hmm:and the rubber color doesnt move

moove the bracket back to the rear stud................oh....squirt some wd40 on them injectors to stop em rusting up..............

You don't really want to be putting cutting/grinding discs on that as its not what the tool is meant for hence no safety guard.

i thoughts thats what they were for, thats the reason i bought it, all them little grinding stone seem to have no use to me whatsoever, im now thinking iv just wasted £50 :no::no:

that would grind your nipsy out nicely....finish it off really nice like ..

what the frig is a nipsy :hmm:

moove the bracket back to the rear stud................oh....squirt some wd40 on them injectors to stop em rusting up..............

i noticed the injectors the other day, they need a clean, and some dw40 :good::good:

the "nipsy" is the sphinqter muscle around your (or most peoples) bottom...this muscle can be or is often abused and not looked after properly, it can be stretched out of shape and not cleaned properly...and usually attracts tomatoe seeds....which if not removed can cause some distress.......so a tool such as the one you bought would be an important adition to your daily health routine ....and thus kept in the bathroom , not in the workshop

all clear now ?

the "nipsy" is the sphinqter muscle around your (or most peoples) bottom...this muscle can be or is often abused and not looked after properly, it can be stretched out of shape and not cleaned properly...and usually attracts tomatoe seeds....which if not removed can cause some distress.......so a tool such as the one you bought would be an important adition to your daily health routine ....and thus kept in the bathroom , not in the workshop

all clear now ?

Oh man