land rover series 3 88" csw restoration project.

viking

If anyone has the skill the space and money to do it rather than having to pay out stupid road tax every year a nice 25 year old car truck landrovers and Jeeps are good as you can still get most of the parts Ie new galvanized chassis and body parts but replace the doggy old parts with modern power stirring and brakes I would go with an auto gearbox electrics etc and you have a good looking but usable truck that is nice to drive and you do not have to pay road tax ether.

What you need is a Range Rover Classic but the two doors are fetching silly money now.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Some years ago I had a 1972 (tax exempt) 109" station wagon that I bought as it needed an engine, Put a s/h engine in and found it needed a chassis, stored it a few years, bought a s/h chassis which turned out to be a 1ton military jobby :(

Moved house and most of the parts got left behind on farm where it was stored, Farmer disposed of it having heard I'd moved house,

All I'm left with now is some bits and a Tax Exempt 1972 V5 for a 109" station wagon :(

that would be my 2nd choice after a landrover..........SWB 6 cylinder straight earl 1st gen' landcruiser...

Tell you what ditchman i once had a short wheel base Nissan Patrol with a straight 6 as a works vehicle, that was a good old bus. I used to tow start a Ford D800 and L/Loader trailer with it :lol:

well nothing done this weekend, mate didnt have time to come finish electrics,but siad he would come tomorrow, was going to fit the new square reverse light but the holes that are there now would see it stick out onto the galv on the corner, not having that, so its either fit old one thats not to bad, or try find one that is 85mm, proving to be very difficult.

anyone want a new square reverse light FOC let me know, :good::good:

tried to put the tow bar and drop plate back on but no nuts and bolts in my kit, and couldnt find all the old ones :no::no:

well nothing done this weekend, mate didnt have time to come finish electrics,but siad he would come tomorrow, was going to fit the new square reverse light but the holes that are there now would see it stick out onto the galv on the corner, not having that, so its either fit old one thats not to bad, or try find one that is 85mm, proving to be very difficult.

anyone want a new square reverse light FOC let me know, :good::good:

tried to put the tow bar and drop plate back on but no nuts and bolts in my kit, and couldnt find all the old ones :no::no:

you should have told him "its teat time"............he would have been straight over and up like a rat up a drainpipe........

thought it was a good idea at the time..eh :hmm:

like always :good::good:

Like I always say e-bay and youtube are your friend the first you buy from the second tells you have to use/fit it on.

But what did you buy the bracelet and beads for :whistling: :whistling:

there for ditchie :whistling::whistling: there not normal beads either :lol::lol:

like always :good::good:

there for ditchie :whistling::whistling: there not normal beads either :lol::lol:

wot are the beads for.....................if you ate senopods and beans and luquzade followed by polite insertion of beads....you would need a section 7.....as you would be in the navy as a chain shot weapon

this is a serious land rover re-build thread, can you 2 please take your nonsense elsewhere please, its neither needed nor wanted, its crass and perverted and quite honestly offends me.

Are you still offering that mobile nipsy reaming service Ditchie :lol:

if so, book me in :yahoo::yahoo: