land rover series 3 88" csw restoration project.

viking

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What are the existing wheels like? Could you not send them out for blasting and paint them yourself?

i think there a multitude of shapes and sizes, and all pretty bad, my mate looked at them a while ago and said they would need blasting and a fair bit off filling as there were some large rust spots/bubbles, at around £45 each for new ones i dont think its worth the hassle, and out off the 10 wheels i have im not even sure if any are the correct size :lol::good::good:

he rejected this bit as its ******, only one i can find new to buy is £100 from craddocks, compared to other bits and bats iv bought i would of thought £20-£40, £100 is a bit steep for what it is and wont even bee seen, might have to see if it can be repaired :unhappy:

post-9513-0-63116500-1461936912_thumb.jpg

post-9513-0-17847800-1461936930_thumb.jpg

post-9513-0-15179700-1461936954_thumb.jpg

he rejected this bit as its ******, only one i can find new to buy is £100 from craddocks, compared to other bits and bats iv bought i would of thought £20-£40, £100 is a bit steep for what it is and wont even bee seen, might have to see if it can be repaired :unhappy:

Try your hand at fabricating Lee, its all part of the old Land Rover scene. :lol:

how much are you paying for the galvinising................(per kilo)

no idea mate, just emailed them told them what i had, he just said it would be a min of £100, :yes:

Your welcome, got to keep the old Land Rovers on the road. :yes:

amen to that :good::good:

Try your hand at fabricating Lee, its all part of the old Land Rover scene. :lol:

ill try anything once, dont fancy folking out a ton on a new one :no:

its going to pay you to look out for a good 2nd hand shot blast cabinate..................if people know you have got something like that ..they will always be slipping you a bit of cash to do do stuff for them....and you will always have cash in your pocket..............

Was thinking the same myself. Something I'll have to look into before my next project. Which iv decided is going to be a 80" series 1. Early model as possible.

cooorrr you are going to need deep pockets for a barn find......do they exist anymore ?....my mates father has a 1955 one ...reckons it is worth 7-10k...it is pretty tho....best going for a total none runner...............and track down bits for it

outside JSF landrover (which i part own....the person who owns it says he is going to put a bedsit in for me as i spend so much time there).....is a Landrover forward control...nice / strange looking vehicle...and a beast...that is one machine i would not tackle...

cooorrr you are going to need deep pockets for a barn find......do they exist anymore ?....my mates father has a 1955 one ...reckons it is worth 7-10k...it is pretty tho....best going for a total none runner...............and track down bits for it

outside JSF landrover (which i part own....the person who owns it says he is going to put a bedsit in for me as i spend so much time there).....is a Landrover forward control...nice / strange looking vehicle...and a beast...that is one machine i would not tackle...

Has it got the V8 in ditchman