land rover series 3 88" csw restoration project.

viking

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

look a bit better now iv clipped them on :good:

also managed to get the wiper motor back on today and the new window screen washer jets, didnt have much time as iv been out all day watching cricket as it was so nice :good: :good: :good:

post-9513-0-43985300-1468782005_thumb.jpg

post-9513-0-42037100-1468782012_thumb.jpg

post-9513-0-64634000-1468782174_thumb.jpg

post-9513-0-27941200-1468782185_thumb.jpg

post-9513-0-10018200-1468782259_thumb.jpg

post-9513-0-93148300-1468782264_thumb.jpg

Edited by viking

soon i think, it was mentioned on saturday, my mates away for 2 week at beginning of aug so there are a list of jobs he needs to get done before he goes so i can start putting it back together,

engine needs finishing, not much to do to that really, brake pipes need finishing off, hand brake things need to go on, exhaust and props,and obviously the wiring,

sounds simple when i put it like that :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

if you have taken your props apart and cleaned and packed with fresh grease....have you aligned the 2 halves up to the small "arrows"...as that is the position they were balanced in...check they are aligned...one arrow on the shaft and the other is on the yoke........

Edited by ditchman

Where did you get the carpet from in the end?. I tried to order front carpet set for my Defender today from Exmoor and they told me 6 weeks delivery. Bought it from Land Rover Interior Solutions and it will be here tomorrow. Tried to order Defender seats and a Series Seat Belt Bar from Exmoor and was told six weeks on those also. Ended up buying from Cradocks and they also arrived next day. Daft thing was it was all Exmoor badged.

iv done a lot of thinking about all this carpet business, if truth be told it was doing my head in, got an email from exmoor this morning saying at least 10 week for the rear tub carpet set, 10 ******* week :no::no::no: so i ordered the stuff id seen at martrim, £24 pm and i worked out that i needed 5m, i also got the headlining and the vinyl from there too.£196 in all,

this land rover is going to ruin me :lol::lol::lol:

i know the tyre size for the 88" is 600 x 16 and also thought the wheel size was, now iv just read that it should be 5" x 16, is this correct? no wonder i couldnt find any 600 x16's

saying that i cant find any 5" wheels either :no::no:

can anyone please shed some light, im having alsorts of trouble working out the correct size of wheels and tyres, and where to get them from

just spotted them earlier, and thats why i dont shop at craddocks, never any pictures, and when im not always sure of things i like to see pictures, ill give them a ring tomorrow see if there proper land rover series wheels. and strange there twice the price of 5.5 x16" wheels 109" LWB, :hmm::hmm:

I am running 5.5x16 on mine with Avon Rangemasters 108/106N 7.50 R16

proper 109" wheels :good::good:

Not at the rate he's going.........they'd go out of production

Ohh, hang on a minute......oops

im not sure i like the cut of your jib Mr taxi driver :lol::lol::lol: