Norfolk Game fair-28th/29th April

Ferretboy111

I will try for sat, but am on call for work and running Astra in a working test Sunday, I may bring Killer to run in a scurry against Merlin :angry:

Anyone want to PM me to exchange mobile numbers be nice to meet some of the lads, or can we all perhaps arrange a meet up at a convenient time i.e all meet up at the ferret stand at 12pm???

Any ideas welcome (hope I don’t get called out and can make it)

Pavman

Pavman,

I would love to pitch Merlin against killer in the scurry. I reckon we could run a book on here for that.

I will meet you all by the ferrets at 12o'clock on the saturday, I will have a pink carnation and a copy of the times under my arm. :angry::lol::lol:

What's the clay setup? Web site says 40 bird comp? Is it a £50 entry jobbie or a normally prices round for skin flints like me?

No one know anything about the clay setup then? :blush:

Want to know if should take my gun on Sat or instead go on Sunday so i can shoot my normal ground Saturday.

was hoping to go on sunday as we go every year .but mr sweepy is working :blush::sly: not the same wandering round on your own so will give it a miss this year .still theirs always next year and theirs other game fairs coming up xx suzy

Suzz, get there for sat at 12 by the ferrets, MC will have a pink Carnation and the times I will be in a Camo Thong, If you cant find us look for a small fluffy dog (Killer) I will be the gent in the Thong holding the lead :lol::lol: :(

What's the clay setup? Web site says 40 bird comp? Is it a £50 entry jobbie or a normally prices round for skin flints like me?

No one know anything about the clay setup then? :good:

Want to know if should take my gun on Sat or instead go on Sunday so i can shoot my normal ground Saturday.

Hi Mark,

I'm not sure to be honest, I've been the last two years, but I've never shot the clay stands before. It will probably £10 a round. (Slightly more than normal due to having to get the traps there etc.) I have however stood and watched them shoot and whilst not dolly dropping clays there will not be anywhere near as difficult as those we faced at the Essex Masters.

Come Saturday and meet up with MC and Me and go round. I'll be missing my local shoot as well :good:

Hope to see you there and others. So is 12pm the time to meet and greet at the Ferrets then?

SS ;)

Hi Mark,

I'm not sure to be honest, I've been the last two years, but I've never shot the clay stands before. It will probably £10 a round. (Slightly more than normal due to having to get the traps there etc.) I have however stood and watched them shoot and whilst not dolly dropping clays there will not be anywhere near as difficult as those we faced at the Essex Masters.

Come Saturday and meet up with MC and Me and go round. I'll be missing my local shoot as well :no:

Hope to see you there and others. So is 12pm the time to meet and greet at the Ferrets then?

SS ;)

Doh! Already committed to go on Sunday. Oh well. A round of skeet sometime SS. :good:

SS :good:

hope I dont get called out, be good to meet the man on my flight line face to face :good:

Don't get too excited, he doesn't 'put out' on first dates. :good:

Well guys, the day was fantastic, weather was good, lots of bargins to be had. Only downer is the size of the arena. Why oh why don't they use the actual main arena for the showground and not the piddly little thing stuck right down the far end corner :lol: .

Otherwise still a good show and has got better each year for the last three years. Met up with MC and his other half, oh and his wife too. Saw FB111 on the Ferret welfare stand, my eldest daughter has an uncanny ability to find the ferret stand at every show, and loves holding them.

Missed Pavman, sorry mate, got tied up around midday with the youngest needing changing feeding etc., maybe next time. If you need a hand holding a lamp or whatever give me a shout I'll happily pop up for a chat, coffee and to learn.

Ended up buying a large game bag with a liner that you can remove and wash. Missus bought some art stuff, some salami, couple of silk ties ready for the coming season and right at the last knockings I brought a small plastic feeder drum and spiral.

Got home, made up the feeder in about three hours, after I hunted round for bolts, timber etc. and finished just as darkness fell. I'm going to put it at the bottom of the garden and draw the local pheaasant population into the garden. There's no shoot on the land behind mine, so thought why not. Looking to get some fenn traps next to make up a couple of tunnel traps, to get those pesky rats and squirrels that I know will come after the feed. Also means that I can have a go at the magpies, pigeons rats, squirrels with the airgun as they come down to feed.

SS :good:

Oh yeah, forgot to say didn't shoot the 40 bird re-entry clay shoot, not at £14. Worked out that if you did 200 same as the Essex Masters you would have paid £70, big difference being that at the esex masters the prizes went all through the classes and included guns and ammo. This one was for £100 high gun.

Had a non stop day at the ferret stand on the saturday, and im sure tomorrow will be worse, luckily im not there.

Bought a shed load of stuff for my new puppy, was a good show, improving every year.

Met SS,martin, pavman and mrs pavman for a quick catch up, mrs pavman is sooo in love with the ferrets!!

Am home now, legs ache from all the PR work and am knackered.

Alex

B)

Firstly a BIG apology to Pavman for missing him at the ferrets, I didn't come accross them until 3o'clock in the afternoon. I was watching John Bidwells display when he rang and there were thousands og people about.

No excuses thyough I should have made the effort, Sorry mate.

All in all a good day plenty of trade stands and really good weather.

Definetly should have made the effort.