xtrail 2006 or freelander

kody

The money I have spent fixing my Xtrail would probably pay for a Freelander.

The Xtrail is a good car, nice to drive, nippy, economical as far as fuel goes but it is constantly broken.

Not sure the Freelander has a great rep either though.

Toss a coin but buy a low mileage one of whatever you go for.

Got an x trail 2002 2.2 diesel. Over 90,000 mile no problems only thing that's been done in last five years was 2 front wheel bearings and one piece of exhaust pipe. Apart from that best car I have ever had super reliable never touch the thing. Turbos blow if oil not changed regular that's all

The DI xtrail is great, the DCI is much less reliable. If you want a shoot truck then Hilux Surf's are ace (and I've had three X-Trails)

Good God! Mine is a DI and you are saying they went on to make an even less reliable version!

I had a Surf a while back and have to say i preferred the Xtrail.

I think my Xtrail is just a bit of bad luck going on, that's why I said earlier to go for a low mileage version of whatever you choose.

Mine is the Di only made that engine for 2 years then went onto DCI. Mine is excellent I change oil & filter every 5000 miles tho never drive it hard especially when cold and always leave it to tick over before turning off had no probs best car I have ever had will be gutted when I finally get rid as can't see what I will replace it with

After a long line of Terranos I opted for an Xtrail. Main reasoning was the Terrano can be quite thirsty at times and by changing to a more modern vehicle I could benefit from their improved fuel economy.

After a while I felt the Xtrail was a bit on the posh side of things for me. As a farmer I just get in the car straight from the field, chuck all sorts in the back (and I don't just mean the Romanians) and just generally treat the thing more like a tractor than a car. This made me buy another Terrano for work and save the Xtrail for best.

I have an L reg (20 years old) Terrano that does 33mpg if you stay below 56mph and a 52 plate Xtrail that does 36mpg no matter how fast I go (and it is very happy to cruise at 90). So yes, there is a fuel saving to be had. The Xtrail has cost me more in repairs than the Terrano cost me to buy!

You can pretty much guarantee that if there's a holiday or trip out coming up the Xtrail will break again and we end up going in the Terrano.

The Terrano is in better condition (apart from me trashing the interior with dust and mud) and if/when it does break it costs about £20 and I fix it myself.

Get a Terrano, just drive a bit slower and you will be quids in. :)