Thermal imaging - any users?

marnold

I use a pulsar thermal spotter, it works best with lithium AA's as it is a bit greedy. Its an absolute diamond bit of kit, I use it for deer counts mainly and spotting pigs. It does have a down size with rabbits and fox's in late summer when the grass is high. You will see the thermal image of a rabbit and when you click on the lamp or look through a digital n/v you can see nothing because the target is obscured by grass, then the pulsar recon 750 n/v works better. Another advantage with the thermal is that its much better scanning on the move from a vehicle as the digital N/V's need a bit of 'catch up'.

I don't look a good sight in just my thermals the Mrs says :-(

+1 :lol: suits you sir!

Just an observation, but it might be worth considering this. High end hand held observation units have had a resolution of around 640x480 for a number of years now. That resolution has been 'static' and so we're about due for a jump. There are sensors out there in the 1000x bracket which have not yet started to appear in civilain hand held devices (far higher resolutions are available too). So....a jump is about due. Might be worth asked firmly about what is in the pipeline (and from an importer NOT a shop).

Fister might have a comment on this?

Thats good news for our level of needs isn't it, we wont really want to pay the top brass prices for these most up to date spotters, so I would have thought that the prices of the Pulsar and Guide type thermal spotter would hopefully start to drop.

I remember when they first became available on the street they were around the 10k mark, if you could get one that is, but now you can get them for around 1,200.

So i suppose as soon as i send of my order for 1 and the cheque gets cashed the price will drop by 50% :lol:

Why do we have to end up back in the gutter with all of your filth U :lol:

i would also like people to stop praising these units as i find it hard to resist the temptations. I use a nightmaster 800 with red led to spot with then over to the nv. if i could justify the cost of a spotter i would get one

i am sure you look find UD :lol: just keep your front stuffer covering your bits and you will look the dogs daglies :lol: Oooo suit you sir :lol:

Just got a message from UD's wife she said

"He was sat on the edge of our bed last night, pulling off his boxers when I said to him, "You spoil those dogs.....!"

Thats good news for our level of needs isn't it, we wont really want to pay the top brass prices for these most up to date spotters, so I would have thought that the prices of the Pulsar and Guide type thermal spotter would hopefully start to drop.

I remember when they first became available on the street they were around the 10k mark, if you could get one that is, but now you can get them for around 1,200.

So i suppose as soon as i send of my order for 1 and the cheque gets cashed the price will drop by 50% :lol:

exactly...story of my life too...of course the flip side is that you buy high end tech and it is superceded fairly quickly. However I'm not saying that high end is necessary but it seems silly to buy observation equipment that is not if budget allows. It is due a reshuffle...so I would advise research on equipment costing thousands. That's all.

exactly...story of my life too...of course the flip side is that you buy high end tech and it is superceded fairly quickly. However I'm not saying that high end is necessary but it seems silly to buy observation equipment that is not if budget allows. It is due a reshuffle...so I would advise research on equipment costing thousands. That's all.

Thats it though you can sit and wait round til the newest thing comes about but that to me is no good, If that was the case you would end up with B all.

I aint coming back to do this all again, and I aint leaving owt for anyone either :lol:

I dont want to be sitting in some old folks home getting my bottom wiped while thinking about things I should have done or could have done, I am already thinking of "those" I should have done that I could have done :lol::yes:

Edited by Dougy

Does damart still do a catalogue?

Just googled it, yes they do UD they have 60% off this weekend. and an extra 10% for the old folks, get in there UD dont miss out on such a good offer :good:

just spent a couple of minutes checking out the underwear :lol: thanks UD :lol:

edit.. what on earth has this got to do with thermal image spotters ???

Edited by Dougy

Thats it though you can sit and wait round til the newest thing comes about but that to me is no good, If that was the case you would end up with B all.

I aint coming back to do this all again, and I aint leaving owt for anyone either :lol:

I dont want to be sitting in some old folks home getting my bottom wiped while thinking about things I should have done or could have done, I am already thinking of "those" I should have done that I could have done :lol::yes:

http://www.completecareshop.co.uk/bathing-aids/tilt-in-space-shower-chairs/combi-powered-tilt-shower-commode-chair-view-large?gclid=CPKDjbKDu8cCFcvpwgodzNUAVw

strap yourself into this wearing you 49'er longjohns, fit yourself out with thermal and your .260 and you'll be like an octogenarian Dalek :lol:

However for the poor old OP and getting back on track I seriously rate the FLIR BHS series.

Edited by LeadWasp