Aftermarket choke - Beretta A391 Extrema2

pob

Gents

I'm on a road trip in the US in October and plan to stop off at Cabelas to stock up on a few items. An earlier thread had me considering an aftermarket choke. I've heard good things about the Patternmaster code black.

The Cabelas site suggests that the goose choke would be a good allrounder for the extra $10. Is this true? I'm not sure that I can stretch to two of these chokes.

The PatternMaster™ Code Black Choke Tubes, Item # 231260, in the short length duck model delivers full patterns with 3 in shells and modified patterns in 3.5 in shells. The long range goose tube delivers full patterns at 40yds with any shell length and velocity up to 1550 fps.

I suspect however that this may not fit my gun because it has Optimachoke Plus. I'd appreciate any guidance from any owners.

In case it is relevant, I like to use a 3" No.3 or 3.5" No.2 (Drylock or Remington Hi-Speed Steel) on the foreshore and 3.5" No1 (Mammoth) or BB (Remington) on the odd occasion I may encounter geese. I've had good success over decoys and at close ranges with a rather speedy No.5, but my research suggests that these chokes shouldn't be used with anything over 1550fps. The No. 5s work well enough (when I can get them) using the supplied Optimachoke Plus Modified/half choke though. Living in London I do often struggle to get hold of my preferred ammo. I'm thinking that an aftermarket choke might help smooth out the varied performance of the random 2 3/4 shells that I am sometimes forced to use.

I agree with Tony G,

I have both the Kicks Highflyer and the Patternmaster (Duck) and my personal preference is for the Kicks HighFlyer as it was cheaper to buy and seems to pattern well over a longer range than the Patternmaster. I don't have a Patternmaster Goose (much too expensive!)

I bought my Kicks Highflyer from Brownells (UK) but they no longer seem to stock them (hence the Patternmaster!)

If anyone out there knows a UK supplier of Kicks Highflyers, I'd be interested.

I agree with Tony G,

I have both the Kicks Highflyer and the Patternmaster (Duck) and my personal preference is for the Kicks HighFlyer as it was cheaper to buy and seems to pattern well over a longer range than the Patternmaster. I don't have a Patternmaster Goose (much too expensive!)

I bought my Kicks Highflyer from Brownells (UK) but they no longer seem to stock them (hence the Patternmaster!)

If anyone out there knows a UK supplier of Kicks Highflyers, I'd be interested.

If you are on facebook get in touch with Mammy Peake as my lad showed me a post that she is a uk dealer of kicks chokes or the company she works for is

As Motty says the Briley chokes are good and also a sensible price Your Extrema has a back bored barrel like my SX3 Having read quite a lot of stuff on the American duck shooting sites and knowing people that use Briley chokes,the favoured choke for your gun in a Briley is a light full or 7 8ths

I had a Kicks Highflyer modified in my last gun a sx3 just ordered a full for my A300 Xtreme don't think this choke will come out of the gun. A good all rounder.

As they also do a xtra full I'm thinking the full is more like a 3/4 pattern so should suit where I shoot great, if I do my bit.