Regrets & anger

fse10

You can challenge the will within six months (1975 Act, according to Radio 4 this afternoon).

Get professional legal advice if you want to do something.

Personally, in the op's situation, my advice is to let it go.

And to all of the PW massive with fathers still alive, I would advise you to have a talk with them about how life was for them when you were growing up. Fatherhood affects men both differently and similarly. My experiences as a father over the past year and a bit felt insurmountable at times, but I took a lot of reassurance from the experience of my father.

LS

My dad died when I was 14 so never really got to know him,

I knew him as any child knows a parent but not really if that makes sense,

Never got to go for a pint or have a meaningful chat with him,

As LS says, if your father (or mother) is still alive, then make the effort if you can, they aren't around forever, yes I know everyone's circumstances are different but if you can then try

:shaun:

My dad died when I was 14 so never really got to know him,

I knew him as any child knows a parent but not really if that makes sense,

Never got to go for a pint or have a meaningful chat with him,

As LS says, if your father (or mother) is still alive, then make the effort if you can, they aren't around forever, yes I know everyone's circumstances are different but if you can then try

:shaun:

+1

This other bloke has probably been a better friend to your father than you have for the last 22 years.

No need to be bitter that he is getting what your father wanted him to have.

Attend the funeral and pay your last respects and leave it at that and move on from it.

My thoughts exactly.

The death of your father is a very final moment, you will never be able to repair what happened and that can lead to frustration and anger on your part. Its then very easy to channel this frustration and anger towards a particular target, you dads benefactor in this case.

My advice to you would be to move one and ask yourself what will you actually get from even going to the funeral other than more frustration and anger.

Good luck in whatever you choose to do, its never a nice thing to have to deal with, Ive been there and got the t-shirt.

Edited by Alan Maughan