On our syndicate shoot we are now not allowed plastic wads on the ducks, we were last season and fibre everywhere else, but this season the landowner will only allow fibre everywhere.

I have a few steel left but they are plastic. Looking around the only fibre wad steel cartridges I can find are a Gamebore load in 3" I would much prefer a 70mm. I don't really want to spend £1.50 or more a pop so is there any alternative that I have missed.

How many shells will you probably use a year for duck ?

I knew one person who is a member on a syndicate that went all fibre wad 3 years ago, required by the farmer.

The penalty for breach was decided at the time as immediate ending of membership, with no refund. The same penalty was decided for using lead on duck.

Since then, 3 members have had their membership ended for breach.

The shoot captain reckoned roughly 500 shells a year were being used for duck, between 20 members (one duck drive a shoot day, 10 shoot days). That's 25 shells per person.

Even on bismuth at £1.50 a shot, it certainly wasn't going to break the bank, but some people still wanted to try it on.