oil tank

rwade545

Just been out sweeping out the leaves and thought i could smell some oil. Had a look around the tnk and there is a crack with a little oozing oil. Not sure how long its been ther but had tank filled a month ago, so likely due to the pressure. Any one know how much a 1000 to 1200 litre tank is to fit? also if anyone in the trade local to North wales feel free to PM a quote.

cheers

All tanks should ideally be self bunded. Looking at about £800 for double skin plastic tank, and going up....

Fitting can be done yourself if outlet in same position, not complicated, but biggest problem is emptying old tank and last time got oil company to pump out old tank and come back next morning to fill new one.

Had same problem with my 600 gallon tank - small split to seam. Had an excellent company make me a metal tank (wanted metal as a lot of oil thefts from plastic tanks here) which is half size of old one (didn't need huge 600g/2400l) tank, sits on same pillars, doesn't show above hedge (****** can't see it) and total cost including pumping out oil etc £1200. These companies are out there although mine was in Dereham, Norfolk so not much help to you.

There might be a problem regarding Building Regulations.

Older tanks may have been installed when there were either no regulations or less stringent ones. Even if a tank is being placed on the exact same spot it may not comply with the current regulations.

You should check first. You may have to move the tank if you get it wrong first time.

As for the tank itself, get a bunded plastic one.

Yes, as JDog says watch out for updated regulations. My tank split and if I wanted to install the new one in the same place (I did) I HAD to go for a bunded tank as it was near a drain. Then the killer, as it was also near to the house it had to be a fire rated installation. I've ended up with a lovely finished job, but essentially I have a plastic bunded tank inside a steel tank.